Chapter 2

For Edward Nygma... It was loss. Every scheme seemed to solve itself or the answers would actually fall into someone's lap. And whatever he tried he failed at it. When he knew the answer, when it was a question he could have answered a dozen different ways the answers seemed to change into things he would never guess.

To try and get past something password protected he couldn't guess it. Even the most obscure facts he cherished weren't there in his head. He was losing his brilliant mind.

And the few times he did something efficiently, and effortlessly without being caught the credit was given to someone else! And the last time he went public, every time the word the Riddler was used.. It was completely humiliating, like he was nothing again. That couldn't achieve a thing anymore.

For Oswald it was simpler. It was an emotional blow seeing his partner so defeated, not even bothering to pick fights at the asylum when he was brought in.  Or attempt an escape or send a message or just a clue.. He knew someoe did this and he wanted that person to suffer for what he did. But the closest he came to proof was rumors of a green mist..

But his proof came soon in mocking messages that enraged him even more. Question marks in bright neon painted on his wall, all of his men left frightened wrecks that turned themselves in, pictures of himself left scorched,   and than came the whisper when the power went out.

"Your mother would be ashamed of you..."

That crossed a line but when he squinted with his one eye he was able to see the tormentor of Gotham's criminal underworld. Following him with his cane, repeatedly shooting until they ended up in an alley and he was out of ammo. The bullets not inflicting the slightest bit of harm despite hitting him in several places.. Oswald tried to beat him with his pistol and the gun was slammed into his eye  after his wrist was snapped. He threw Oswald against a dumpster stomping on his bad leg twice.

Then Bruce finally  took off his hood and just stared coldly. His skin seeming paler, a haunted look knowing he didn't enjoy this.

"WAYNE? YOU DECIDED TO FAKE YOUR DEATH AND MAKE ME PAY? FOR WHAT-" Oswald stopped himself when Bruce seemed to  pull out a baseball bat out of thin air

"WAYNE? YOU DECIDED TO FAKE YOUR DEATH AND MAKE ME PAY? FOR WHAT-" Oswald stopped himself when Bruce seemed to  pull out a baseball bat out of thin air. " I shouldn't know this but around the time I lost my parents you beat a man with a bat in an alley. You enjoyed it... Think of this as an karmic encore of that. And what's enjoying this isn't either of us.. Just something near merciless inside of  me.." None of it made any sense to the Penguin, but the only thing that mattered was how long the pain went on.

" None of it made any sense to the Penguin, but the only thing that mattered was how long the pain went on

Bruce stayed around after he tossed the weapon aside, moving to a small rooftop above it. Waiting untill Oswald was found, and brought to an ambulance.. Knowing he would go to Blackgate Prison when he healed eventually. Refusing to focus on anything else, anyone else. Knowing that it would want to punish someone for something in the past little or small in a horrible way.

"They're innocent-Innocent isn't a word used much by Gotham.. A loose word around Gotham.. The criminals are just like Weeds that flourish.. " Bruce spent the night arguing internally with what made it's home inside of him.

Bruce knew that if he gave it control, if it chose who to punish it wouldn't be justice

Bruce knew that if he gave it control, if it chose who to punish it wouldn't be justice. It would be a slaughter, destruction of a section if not all of Gotham. People around him. That's why he had to stay.away from them. He had to focus on his role, on his control. The people who got away before and after the bridges blew.

/\\\for anyone who doesn't really know the comics in someways the Spectre is like DC's version of Ghost Rider... But twisted,  and reality warping.  Bruce is host to it, without him in control it isn't good and has no mercy.  Anyone in gotham who did something awful(everyone) or the slighest thing  would suffer in awful ways. And the Spectre can create very creative and cruel ways..s Bruce has to keep it inside. And stay away from people.  Next I might have him either reconcile with Selina or go after Bridgit.  In case I do Batcat Play Eleven minutes away while you read it to really get the mood.

///AN: For the Spectre voice. Picture Mark Hamil at the coldest tone he can do.