Chspter 7

///Bruce recalls the one time he lost control. The Mummer and J's Penance... And all are united, summoned under his stare... My Finale.

"You want to know why Bruce was your friend? Why he bought so much for all of you? Why he acted impulsive, and hedonistic? He wanted to feel dead inside, that's what he really desired.  To be surrounded by people he didn't like, people he didn't gave a damn so that if the worst happened he wouldn't have to care.. " When the Spectre appeared at first they thought it was the alcohol or in some cases the drugs in their systems.. Bruce's little entourage during his most  self destructive phase. The next assumption was that it was a maniac who poisoned them especially when it felt like the alcohol was boiling inside of them, forcing it's way out, coming up with tears in their eyes.  Tommy Eillot reacted the worst especially when he saw the face, Bruce's face.. He was only silenced when his face was used to shatter glass. " Hush Thomas.." He practically whispered.  Grace nodded tearfully. All they would share was a story about a party that scared them on actually productive paths.

Jeremiah received no news, nothing that signaled Bruce's appearance, nothing that showed the person he obsessed and targeted.Everyone was scared, ordered to only say the Spectre, the wrathful Dark Knight was responsible and never say Bruce's name. His punchline being around in any shape or form. He had no purpose, he didn't fake being catatonic.. It was real, just like his loyal proxy's waste of her life. Unrequited passion willing to take any role, including that of a nurse.  Trapped the two of them to the end. 

Fries was thawned, Jervis Tetch was for lack of a better word went down a rabbit hole.. And Jonathan Crane was finally separate from the Scarecrow.

Jim, Harvey, Lee and Lucius didn't understand why Selina and Alfred asked them to meet them on the GCPD roof.. Or why the spotlight was even used. Until the saw it.. The cloak fluttering, the ghost moving from rooftop to rooftop. Until he stopped staring down at all of them protectively.

"In the darkness there is light..." Selina stated as they looked upon Bruce Wayne with smiled." That's who he was in life and still is in death.. A son, a boy, a friend, and something else.. A Spectre, a soul that didn't leave us.. Any of us. "