Rhodey

Outside Vision kneels beside Wanda and gently holds her in his arms. She pants for breath. "I'm sorry." He says.

"Me, too." Wanda says leaning against him.

"It's as I said. Catastrophe."

Piloting the Quinjet, Steve looks over his shoulder and spots War Machine encroaching to the right. Steve pushes forward on the thrusters. Iron Man flies beside War Machine and Falcon follows them.

"Vision, I got a bandit on my six." Rhodey says as Falcon fires small explosives which erupt and buffet War Machine. "Vision! You copy? Target his thrusters, turn him into a glider."

Vision takes aim and fires his head laser. Falcon spots it coming and tucks into a tumble. The laser overshoots and slices through the core on War Machines chest plate. War Machine loses power and goes into a spinning free fall.

"Rhodey!" Iron Man and Falcon both yell as they dive to catch him.

"Tony, I'm flying dead stick." War machine says as he plunges, the suit emits black smoke. Iron Man swoops down towards him. Rhodes' eyes start to close.

"RHODES!" Mar Machine smacks into a wide, grassy field just before Iron Man lands nearby. His helmet retracts and he pulls off War Machine's face plate. Rhodes' eyes are closed and there's blood on his face. "Read vitals."

"Heartbeat detected. Emergency medical is on its way."

Sam swoops down and lands on his feet running over to his boyfriend. His wings retract. "Is he ok" Tony zaps Falcon backwards with a blast of energy from the palm of his suit. Vision glides to the ground just in front of Falcon. Tony remains with his arms around his best friend.