not for sale

"Quill!" Both Tony and drax yell.

Stark leaps for Star-Lord's arm, re-helmeting and leaving his son to pull off the gauntlet.

"Hey, stop! Hey, stop! Stop! Hey, stop! Stop!" Tony Stark says To the struggling Star-Lord

"It's coming! It's coming! It's coming!" Peter says Getting the fingers completely loose "I got it! I got it.... !"

Just then Thanos wakes completely, now well and truly furious. He head-butts Mantis, grabbing the cuff of the gauntlet just as it is sliding off his hand, causing Spider-Man to stumble back, and then throwing Mantis away off his shoulders.

"Oh, God." Peter says Seeing Mantis with far too much air under her  jumps and wraps his arms and legs around her, extending his spider legs to form a roll cage for a safe landing.

Thanos kicks Drax off his right leg and into Nebula and Star-Lord, knocking them down. He yanks on the Crimson Bands holding his right hand to throw Doctor Strange far away, and swats away Iron Man and his repulsor shots. The remaining Guardians jump up and charge him again, but he fires a pulse of indigo energy at them that knocks the three of them completely unconscious.

Iron Man zooms back in, his nanite arm cannon manifested, and is head-butted to the ground. Thanos looks at him for a beat, then raises the gauntlet towards Titan's moon. Iron Man stares, aghast. Thanos uses a combination of the Power and Space Stones to shatter the moon's surface, then bring the debris down on the field of battle at speed. Iron Man powers out of the way but is caught by a chunk of moon about the size of a baseball field, slamming him into the ground. The Guardians go sailing into the air from the rebound.

Back in Wakanda, Shuri is working steadily to complete the Mind Stone's removal; Wanda stands by tensely.

The Kingsguard, Borderers and Jabari have little success going against Cull Obsidian's chained hammer -- he either sends them flying or punches them into the ground. The Black Panther gets free of his other sorties, leaps and uses all his collected kinetic energy behind a punch that lays Obsidian flat.

"Come and get some, space dogs!" Rocket says Having found a clear spot. Another wave of Outriders heads right for the raccoon-oid. White wolf, having come up behind Rocket, grabs him with his mechanical arm, holds him at arms length and spins 540 degrees, firing his own M-249 at the same time. "Come on, get some, get some! Come on, get some!" Bucky drops Rocket, who looks up at him with an impressed gleam "How much for the gun?"

"Not for sale." Bucky says as he Snaps off another burst.

"Okay, how much for the arm?" Bucky just gives him a look and then walks away "Oh, I'll get that arm."

"Touch the arm and I'll break your neck" karma says as she walks over Bucky who then basically picks him up and runs off.

The tides of battle cause Thor, using Stormbreaker to great effect, and Captain America together. They take a breather.

"New haircut?" The super soldier asks the god.

"Notice you've copied my beard." Captain America nods, wearily gesturing at his own face with a shield-covered hand. Groot skewers three Outriders with his right arm. "By the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree." Gestures towards Groot with Stormbreaker

"I am GROOT!" Groot says (Translation: You gonna help me or what?!)

"I... I am Steve Rogers."

In Shuri's lab, a deep rumbling can be heard even at their height. Wanda looks down on the battlefield, and sees movement through the blazing forest between the troopships and the dome. When the disturbance reaches the edge of the trees, it turns into vast moving mounds of earth that easily bypass the force field and emerge -- Threshers, sets of massive, motorized spiked wheels, intended for nothing more than shredding everything in their paths.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" T challa says.

Wanda watches as at least one set of Threshers separates into individual wheels and starts veering all over the battlefield, and then looks anxiously back at Vision

"Focus that fire on the left flank, Sammy" rhodey says.

"I'm doing it." The two fliers use their firepower to crack a Thresher but cannot find a weak spot. "Harley you mind give us a hand"

"On it"

Black Widow with her escrima sticks, Okoye with her augmented spear and karma with her golden blood daggers have drifted together when they're suddenly in the path of a Thresher. All three of the women cringe at their seemingly inevitable shredding when the Scarlet Witch lands in front of both of them, eyes glowing red, lifting the whole Thresher well clear of the ground. Looking behind her, the friendly forces have scattered and replaced by a charging mob of Outriders -- the perfect place to throw a Thresher. Black Widow straightens with a pleased smile, Okoye with an amazed look.

"Why was she up there all this time?"