Come Join The Murder

________________________________________________________________________________

Once they were back home, Ryder watched as Allison walked into the kitchen and took a bottle of wine from the refrigerator. As her mother poured a glass, Ryder sighed.

"Mom, what's going on? Does any of this have to do with why you've been acting differently lately?"

Allison sighed before glancing at her daughter. She nodded as she ran a finger around the rim of her wine glass. "Yeah, it does." She sighed again before giving her daughter a small smile. "Look, I know you're old enough to hear the truth but... I just don't know how to say it yet." As she nodded toward Jordan, they heard the doorbell ring. "Take your brother back to your room and play some video games or something. I promise I'll tell you what's going on, just not right now."

Ryder nodded and told Jordy to come with her as Allison walked over to answer the door. When she opened it, she was surprised to find a woman she didn't know standing there. The woman smiled and motioned for her to move over so she could walk inside.

"I know you don't know me from Adam, sweetheart, but we need to talk." When Allison shut the door, the woman nodded. "I'm Gemma Teller. I guess you could say I'm the matriarch of SAMCRO."

Allison nodded as she moved around Gemma toward the kitchen. "Well, Gemma, I'm going to assume that you know who I am. Would you like a glass of wine?"

Gemma chuckled as she followed her into the kitchen and sat her bag on the table. "Yeah, I think we're both going to need it." Once Allison was sitting across from her and they both had a glass in front of them, Gemma began. "I guess I should start from the beginning." When Allison nodded, so did she. "When some of the boys first saw you, we knew that it couldn't be a coincidence that you and Jessie looked alike, so Juice and Lucinda started digging. It didn't take them long to piece together what had happened. The club decided that you had a right to know what your parents had done, so they paid them a visit."

Allison scoffed and shook her head. "I did wonder what prodded mom and dad to tell me after all this time."

Gemma nodded. "Yeah, that was us. Jax's son Abel was kidnapped when he was a baby. We got him back, thank God, but I think it hit Jax a little hard, and when he heard that something similar had happened with you, he couldn't let it stand."

Allison winced. "I can only imagine that it did."

"So, now you know what your parents did. That had to hit hard as well."

Allison nodded. "Yeah, it did. I suppose I'm still trying to process all of it." She sighed and looked at Gemma. "Do you... what was my name?"

Gemma gave her a small smile. "Nora Ann Marsden. You and Jessie are identical twins."

Allison nodded. "Okay." She looked at Gemma. "I know that my... that Jessie wants to meet me. I get it, I really do, but I need time to get there. I need time to get through all of this."

Gemma reached over and squeezed her hand before standing up. "Of course, you do, sweetheart. Everyone understands that, or they will." When Allison stood up, Gemma pulled her into a hug. "Whenever you're ready, and not before, the family will be waiting for you, and there are a lot of us." When she pulled back, she smiled at Allison. "If you need anything at all, you let one of us know."

After Allison shut the door behind the older woman, she took a deep breath before calling out for her daughter. It was time she started facing reality, and the quickest way to do that was to tell her teenage daughter.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Wow." Ryder shook her head. "I just... how could grandma and grandpa do that?"

Allison shrugged. "I don't know. I... I've been thinking about it and I think something in your grandma's brain just flipped like a switch, you know? And by the time she came to her senses, it was already too late to fix it."

Ryder shook her head. "So Jordan and I have another set of grandparents."

Allison just stared at her for a moment. "I don't really know."

Ryder nodded. "What happens now?"

Allison blew out a breath and shrugged. "I don't really know that either. I haven't gotten that far ahead."

Ryder grinned. "Well, Jessie seemed nice. It's weird that we suddenly have an aunt."

Allison snorted. "Yeah, tell me about it."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Later, after the kids were in bed for the night, Allison sat on the front porch swing, watching the cars go by and thinking. She heard the sound of a bike getting louder and louder until she saw Bobby coming down the street and pulling into her driveway. When he parked beside her SUV and got off, she looked at him in question.

"I already had one SAMCRO visit today. I wasn't really expecting another."

Bobby chuckled as he stepped up onto the porch and sat down beside her on the swing. "I thought I'd come by and see how you were." He frowned slightly as he looked at her. "I didn't like how lost you looked today, sunshine. It hurt my heart to see it."

Allison grinned. "You're a sweet man, Bobby, but I'm fine. I'm always fine."

Bobby nodded before patting her on the knee. She was beginning to figure out that wherever he touched her, he left tingles in his wake. "Yeah, but I want you to know that you don't always have to be fine. That sometimes it's okay to break down, as long as you have someone there to put your back together again."

Allison nodded before grinning at him. "You know what I need right now?"

Bobby shook his head. "What's that, sunshine?"

"Someone to sit here with me for a little while and watch the world go by."

Bobby chuckled as he moved to put an arm around her shoulders and pull her closer into his side. "Well, then I'm your man."