chapter 15

(Rin pov)

"I guess I Really can't do everything on my own... I thought I was strong. I thought I had to be strong for everyone to rely on me. But in the end I guess I'm weak not being able to do a simple thing such as forgiving myself..." I looked down in disappointment for myself. "It's actually not simple to forgive yourself as you think. Not many people can do it, it can take years. And you've never forgiven yourself but today you took the first step and that's all you need. And now you've taken another step." I jumped at the sudden voice of the brother I loved. I looked up and beside me to see Yukio standing there with a smile, the opened eye smile that was so comforting. So warm. "I'm sorry," I said looking down feeling bad for everything I've ever done to him or felt about about him that were bad.

I Really can't do everything on my own... I thought I was strong. I thought I had to be strong for everyone to rely on me. But in the end I guess I'm weak not being able to do a simple thing such as forgiving myself..." I looked down in disappointment for myself. "It's actually not simple to forgive yourself as you think. Not many people can do it, it can take years. And you've never forgiven yourself but today you took the first step and that's all you need. And now you've taken another step." I jumped at the sudden voice of the brother I loved. I looked up and beside me to see Yukio standing there with a smile, the opened eye smile that was so comforting. So warm. "I'm sorry," I said looking down feeling bad for everything I've ever done to him or felt about about him that were bad. "I should be sorry too, I never helped you when I knew how you felt about me and I was cruel to you when I found out you knew everything. I guess I just felt that I finally had something to fight you back with." Yukio explained and this time I finally had something to say back. "Heh guess we're just the same in a way. Cruel and open. We're like open books ready for anyone to read and find a weakness even if it takes years to find." I said looking at him and then up into the normal black abyss but this time there was something else there... There were bright starts shining.

"I'll leave the light on for you." That was the last words that my brother ever said and this time when he went I wasn't lost, I knew what to do and I know Yukio will always be with me to help me with anything.

I turned around and ran, ran as fast as I could. I knew where I was going, I wasn't wandering aimlessly. I just had to follow what I thought was right and know which was is the right way.

I continued to run until I found Darkness standing at the end. The end of my guilty journey. I sprinted at him until I was close enough to... Smash! To punch it. I bet it to death I kept it up until it said this. "You figured it out." And Darkness vanished. I felt in control again and that's because I was and I realized what was going so I thought: 'Why not make the best out of this weird situation.' I thought.

(Mephisto pov)

"GET OFF ME AHHHH!!!!!" Darkness shouted. 'Guess Rin isn't getting in control any time soon.' I signed at that thought. "Welcome to my candy store." Darkn- Wait that's not right. "What?" Amaimon said shocked and confused and so was I, I looked up at Shiro was confused nonetheless as he has been for the last few hours. "Wait... Rin!" I shouted in frustration as I realized it wasn't normal for Darkness to say. I looked down to see he was gone and I was sitting on the ground. I looked up beside me to see Rin sitting on top of an enlarged swift role. "Look who's back. And did you have to put me on the ground? Now my clothes are dirty." I asked upset and annoyed but I was also very happy to know he was back but I didn't put that in my voice. "Yes, yes I did." He answered with proud and teasing voice. "I hate you." I said annoyed. "Awwww I hate you too." He cooed. "RIN!" A shout came from beside me and Amaimon was on the move of running towards Rin who looked shocked, sad and happy at the same time. He slid of the swift role and landed well as it wasn't very big. Amaimon came in an hugged Rin close to his chest and Rin instantly hugged back. "Rin please don't leave me." Amaimon begged.

(Amaimon pov)

"Rin please don't leave me." I begged but I only just realized what Rin was doing. "Hey, I'm here don't cry." I said as I pulled apart and saw Rin crying. "I-I missed you and y-your warm hugs..." He spoke in-between sobs. "Shhh it's ok I'm here." I said hugging him close to my chest and resting the side of my chin and cheek on his head. I stroked his hair in an effort to comfort him.

We stayed like this for a few minutes while he calmed down and got it be in each others presence.

Soon we pulled apart and Rin wiped his eyes and turned to where Shiro stood and I too looked aver to him. "I'M SO SORRY!!!" He yelled bowing looked sad as of to cry again. "It's ok, no need to be sorry Rin, yes I'll morn Yukio's loss but I still have you and he's in our hearts." Shiro said going up to Rin, Rin stood up straight looking Shiro straight in his crimson eyes. Shiro put his hands on Rin's shoulders and looked at him for a second before pulling him into a hug. "And you'll always have me." He said as they hugged. "Th-Thanks dad." Rin said quietly and they soon let go.

"Well I think we should be getting back." Mephisto said happily. "Yeah." Rin said happy to be back with all of us. He ran up to Mephisto and have him a hug with Mephisto being a little shocked but hugged back. Once they let go we started to head back and Mephisto said he'd get a cover up for the death ready. Or also known as... Send them to Gehenna. Father is going to so mad.

1126 words