I must be Hallucinating

Before this starts~ I wanted to say this is taking place before she knew his identity, this also means she hasn't used the peacock miraculous either. Gabenath will be more prevalent towards the end but till then just tons of Hawknath UwU

________________________

She stumbled into the large office. The white walls almost blending into one, the room seemed to spin with every step. She had slumped into her office chair putting on her mask. "Sir you have a video call in-" She started coughing grabbing his attention.

"Nathalie, are you ill?" He boldly stated looking straight into her eyes.

"j-just a small flu. . ." She diverted her vision.

"Go home. Now. I don't need you getting pneumonia and dying. Your an excellent assistant. I'll have the Gorilla bring you home." He started helping her pack her stuff up again, pushing the small of her back pushing her gently out of his office.

She knew how he hated getting sick, and limited most of his chances, that included kicking her out. Nathalie just obeyed to his orders, he was her boss after all.

"Get better soon, Nathalie." He smiled waving goodbye, before they drove away. He smirked, Gabriel may not be able to pursue her and care for her, but Hawkmoth could. . He'll wait a bit before he'll leave.

Nathalie looked at blurred surroundings out the passenger window. "Could you slow down please. . ? I feel like I'm going to be sick. ." She clasped her eyes shut, pinching the bridge of her nose with her thumb and index finger. The Gorilla grunted, and slowed down the car to which she thanked him dearly for. Another low grunt and he signaled that they had arrived. "Thanks for driving me here. ." She forced a smile and disappeared into her apartment. Nathalie slipped out of her uncomfortable business clothes, and replaced them with a flannel button up pajama shirt, and matching flannel pants. She didn't have the effort to take care of herself, hopefully she could sleep off her fever. Nathalie had awoken to the sound of her window opening. "Urgh. . what am I going to do-" She had been complaining to herself, but stopped when she saw the unwelcome man. She looked like she was in deep thought until her eyes widened. "My god. . I'm hallucinating, I see Hawkmoth in my bedroom." She flopped back into her pillows deliriously while he just stood there.

Hawkmoth sighed sitting next to her on her bed. He put a hand on her forehead checking her temperature. "Nathalie, why didn't you take care of yourself at all?"

"Your not real, your just my imagination. A Supervillain wouldn't come to take care of me now get out." She pulled the covers over herself.

He came back carrying a thermometer and a cold compress. "Come on Nathalie," he pulled the covers off of her.

Nathalie hadn't protested, and curled up up into a ball shivering.

"Say ahhh," he spoke softly, putting the thermometer in her mouth.

She just looked up at him with drugged like stare. Her once bright blue ocean eyes seemed dull and pained.

He pulled it out, and looked appalled at her temperature. "You have a 104 fever. . ." His voice wavered, as he took the cold compress pressing to her forehead, to which she hissed. She shook off the cold compress, to which he put it back on. "Keep it on or its an ice bath Nathalie." That she seemed to respond to, because she didn't shake it off the next time. "d-do I have to wear It I'm-" She stopped to cough before adding, "f-f-freezing. . ."

"Bless you, Nathalie. I'll take it off once your temperature-" He was shocked when she curled up in his lap. Small murmurings told him that she wanted him to warm her up. Hawkmoth smiled wrapping his arms around her. He pulled her into his chest.

"Tha-tha-thanks Hawky hallucination. . ." She sniffled letting her body relax in his arms.

They stayed like that for a fair amount of time, just basking in each others warmth.

Of course lord knows who, was causing her illness to break the moment, as she started hacking into his coat. "s-s-sorry. . ." She struggled to spit out her words through her wheezing.

"Shh. . . no need to be sorry my dear Nathalie." He lightly kissed her forehead before adding, "I'll make you some tea. Hopefully it'll soothe your throat." He laid her down on the bed before exiting the room. Luckily his full mask hid his blush effectively. Hawkmoth transformed back into Gabriel, he might as well let Nooroo have some tea as well. Gabriel placed a kettle on the stove. He rummaged through her cabinets to find some tea bags, they were in the very back behind many bags of coffee grounds. "My god the amount of coffee could supply her for a lifetime!" He whispered to his kwami. Gabriel realized he had been daydreaming when the whistle of the kettle snapped him out of it. He poured his kwami a cup of tea letting him lap it up, before transforming again. "Maybe I'll make soup to . . ." He finished making the soup, and hummed as he walked into her room with a piping cup of tea and soup.

"I have some tea and soup, Nathalie." He sat down beside her.

"My lord I'm hallucinating Hawkmoth brought me food."

"Yes he brought you food, and he's going to feed you too. Now open." The spoon hovered in front of her mouth.

She blushed but turned her head away from it. "I'm not eating just so I can get sicker. ." She gripped her midsection, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"You have to eat. . you'll feel sick either way. I have this if you need to throw up now please try and eat."

Nathalie whimpered taking a bite. She finally accepted it letting him feed her. "I really don't want to do this I feel sick. . ." Nathalie finally protested half way though the bowl of soup.

"Fine you can stop- oh my. ." He pulled the soup away from her, replacing it with a clean bowel as she was gagging.

She started vomiting what she had just eaten.

Hawkmoth rubbed soothing circles on her back, he felt guilty now for making her eat.

Nathalie shot him a dirty 'I told you so' look before laying back down. He brushed it off, cleaning her and the bowl off.

"Hawky. .can um you. ." She fiddled nervously with her fingers. "Lay down with me. . ? You were er. . really warm. . ."

"Mm.." He responded nodding his head, and taking off the stiff jacket he normally wore, while transformed. Hawkmoth laid down next to her, pulling his assistant closer to him. He placed one hand over her waist, wrapping her in a protective embrace. He inhaled the sweet smell of her raspberry shampoo, that had calmed both of them. It didn't take him long to notice how her petit body fit perfectly in his arms. "Is this better mon cherie? ♥️" He purred.

She nodded slowly, "heh. . I cant believe I'm imagining spooning with Hawkmoth. ." She had been lulled into a dreamless sleep short afterwards.