~ chap 13 - forgive ~

AUTHOR P.O.V

the next day

Johnny watches Mackenzie sleep, trying not to fall asleep. But his phone immediately started ringing and both Mackenzie and Johnny wake up instantly.

'Oh sorry Kenz. It's Nads. I'll take this call okay? I'll be back.' Johnny reassures Mackenzie, and she bites her lower lip.

'I promise I'll come back Kenz.' Johnny says, reassuring her again and she smiles, nodding.

Johnny answers the call and he exits the room, he leans against Mackenzie's door.

'Hey babe.' Johnny says, and he exhales as he hears his girlfriend yell.

'JOHNNY WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WALK ME TO SCHOOL TODAY!!' Nadia yells, making Johnny curse quietly.

'Sorry Nads. I'm at Kenz's house today. I'll probably stay at her house for a few days. Probably a week. So I'm sorry. You probably might have to hang out with Lauren and Annie.' Johnny explains, and Nadia screams, making Johnny curse again a little louder, making Nadia hear.

'What did you say?' Nadia says, and Johnny says bye immediately then heads back inside Mackenzie's room.

'Is everything alright? I heard yelling.' Mackenzie asks, biting her lower lip once again.

'Yeah. I guess.' Johnny says, scratching the back of his neck. 'Nadia is sort of mad at me now that I'm here.' Johnny continues, sitting down beside Mackenzie's bed.

'Just go to school John. I'll be fine. I have my sister to protect me.' Mackenzie says, looking down.

'No Kenz. I'll stay here. Like I said, she should understand. You're my best friend.' Johnny replies, holding Mackenzie's hand tightly, making Mackenzie blush.

'John?' Mackenzie asks, and Johnny looks at her.

'Yes Kenz? I'm all ears.' Johnny replies, putting his phone on Mackenzie's office table.

'I...... I'm sorry...... I'm sorry for everything John..... I don't deserve your pity..... I don't deserve you to be here. You should be disappointed in me. I should've listened to you from the beginning. But instead, I just ignored you and I'm sorry.' Mackenzie says, tearing up.

Johnny wipes her tears and hugs her.

'Kenz.... You don't have to be sorry for anything. It's me who's at fault. I should've convinced you to stop hanging out with Isaak. But instead, I let my anger get to me and left you hanging. You've always been my first. And you'll continue being my first.' Johnny says, cupping her cheek,

and their lips met.

Mackenzie wraps her arms around Johnny's neck and he hops on Mackenzie's bed, with her. He wraps his arms around Mackenzie's waist, and he pulls her closer to her.

It was so surreal that these two, who've been best friends for forever, are kissing right now. They were technically cheating on their loves. But they didn't care.

'JOHN-' Nadia says, and she stops.

'Nadia! I told you-' Maddie says, seeing the horrifying scene and Mackenzie and Johnny pull away.

'Nadia-' Johnny starts, and Nadia heads to Mackenzie and slaps her.

'NADIA.' Maddie says, her cheeks getting red and her blood boiling because she was mad that Nadia just slapped her younger sister.

'How dare you kiss my boyfriend?!' Nadia asks, tears forming in her eyes.

'Nadia... babe. It was me who kissed her. Put the blame on-' Johnny says, pleading Nadia to stop yelling at Mackenzie.

Mackenzie just puts her head down, tearing up but she couldn't let Nadia see her crying. She needed to act strong.

'Stop making excuses John. I know it's her who kissed you.' Nadia says, and Maddie slaps Nadia.

'How dare you?!' Nadia says, blood boiling even more.

'Never ever hit my sister again or else you have to deal with me. Got that Turner?' Maddie says, blood boiling even more.

'Come on Nads. Let's go.' Johnny says, carrying Nadia by the waist and locking eyes with Mackenzie then carrying Nadia out Mackenzie's house.

'JOHNNYYYY PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT.' They could hear Nadia screaming outside and Mackenzie cries even more, letting Maddie see her emotions pouring out.

Maddie sits beside Mackenzie on her bed, hugging her tightly.

'I'm sorry Mads. I didn't mean any of this to happen. It was just the moment of Johnny's lips on mine, it was sensational.' Mackenzie says, wiping her tears and blushing as she talked about Johnny.

'Kenz it's alright. I'm kinda sorry about going crazy like that. It's just when I see someone hurts you, I just go.... cookoo. And did you just hear yourself? You literally just said that it was a sensation kissing John. Are you.... Are you in love with him or something?' Maddie asks, playing with her eyebrows and Mackenzie awkwardly chuckles.

'Well, '

oof major tea was spilt today ahhhh i'm actually proud of this chap so pls don't make it flop lmaooooo okay bye. my last -0 brain cells is killing me-