~ chap 16 - confession ~

AUTHOR P.O.V

Mackenzie heads up to her room with Johnny following her.

'Mackenzie.' Johnny mutters, closing the door behind him.

Mackenzie ignores him and she sits on her bed.

'Kenz...' Johnny mutters, trying to calm her after what happened at school. Johnny grabs her hand, and immediately, she hugs him and cries.

Johnny hugs her tightly, patting her back.

Johnny of course, didn't know what to do anymore. Mackenzie was absolutely hurt. Although Isaak was finally arrested, she was still scared.

'Johnny.......' Mackenzie mutters, going deep into his chest.

'There there Mackenzie. I'm here for you. Always.' Johnny whispers into her ear, and Mackenzie lets go of him.

'Johnny.....' Mackenzie mutters, and Johnny looks at her with curiosity.

'Yes?' Johnny asks.

'What.... What do you think of me?' Mackenzie asks, and Johnny's eyes widened.

'Kenz.... Why are you asking this?' Johnny asks, and Mackenzie shrugs.

'Because..... Nadia said that you don't like me the same way I don't like you.....' Mackenzie mutters, blushing bright red of embarrassment.

'What?! Kenzie, you're my best friend! Of course I don't like you the same way you do to me. I love you as a sister.' Johnny says, and Mackenzie starts to tear up again since she got friendzoned.

'Um John?' Mackenzie says, sighing.

'Yeah?' Johnny asks, blushing.

'Um... I.... Uh.... uhm.... I like like you!' Mackenzie says, sounding like a six-year-old confessing her love for her crush.

Mackenzie now blushes bright red, and Johnny is still blushing, too.

'Kenz... I...... I like you too.' Johnny replies back, and Mackenzie's eyes widened.

'Then why did you say that about me?' Mackenzie asks.

'Because, I thought you didn't like me the same why I like you.' Johnny mutters, and Mackenzie smiles.

Johnny wraps his arms around Mackenzie's waist and their lips met.