time skips cause writing is hard

The girls all left which left Shuichi and kaito remaining. His old friend hadn't said a thing since he came and shuichis voice was getting better.
".. Hey kaito." Shuichi said with a quiet and sad tone.
"Shuichi, I knew I could believe in you." Kaito smiled which earned a small laugh from shuichi.
"What do you mean?" Shuichi asked
"I knew that you'd be able to exposw the mastermind and survive!" Kaito exclaimed, "Everyones proud of you." The taller male smiled.
"A-ah, really? I didn't really do much." Shuichi got quieter as he spoke.
"Really! Everyones surprised that you three survived, honestly its pretty impressive." Kaito laughed "Im sad I wasn't able to stay with you guys." The male said sadly.
"Thanks kaito." Shuichi said quietly, "And I mean, at least you're here. We can all restart and keep our friendships right?" Shuichi said brightly,
"Yeah."

time skip

Shuichi hadn't seen kokichi for the rest of the day. But a nurse did come in quite often to bring him new clothes and helped him get back up again. He learned the girls name was mikan and that she was actually also apart of danganronpa back in the old days. The two talked about the game and what their fated were.
Shuichi held onto mikans arm as he slowly walked around the room, "G-Good job!" Mikan said happily, "You're doing better then some of the others when they woke up." The girl said happily. "Ah- Am I?" Shuichi smiled, then he heard the door open. The two looked to the doorway to see kokichi "Is now a bad time?" The short male asked, "Oh no not at all!" Mikan smiled "Im just helping him Walk around." She said brightly. Kokichi nodded and sat on a chair to watch shuichi. Many things seemed off about the boy, he seemed more quiet and reserved. There were more bandages then before wrapped around his fingers and legs, and the most surprising part was kokichis eyes.
"Hey, its rude to Stare y'know." Kokichi laughed,
"Ahh sorry!"
The night continued and mikan left, which left the two boys in the room.
"You're different." Shuichi pointed out, he shakely sat down next to kokichi,
"Is that a good thing?" Kokichi asked looking up at shuichi
"Not at all, just surprising."
"Oh."
The two boys sat in awkward silence for a bit
"I was really worried about you. You stopped breathing alot." Kokichi mentioned, "I was scared that you'd never wake up from the program, Its happened before and I was worried that that would be the case here too." Kokichi said almost sounding distraut.
Shuichi didn't know how to respond, he put an arm around kokichi though. Kokichi leaned again shuichis chest "Fuck, everyone was worried." Kokichi spoke quietly, "The amount of time me and kaede spent waiting for you could be considered creepy." He laughed quietly and looked up at shuichi, who had a light blush on his face. His crush was worried about him, that was a first.
"The amount of times I confessed to you while you were asleep could've been deemed creepy but.. But I just wanted you to hear me y'know? I hoped that my words got through to you." Kokichi spoke, tears started forming around his eyes.
"Confessed what?" Shuichi asked, his heart pounded, he held the short male close and worried
"Confessed that I hated you, duh!" Kokichi jokes, "Naw th-" kokichi was cut off "That was a lie?" Shuichi finished the others sentence.
"You know me sooo well shuichi!" Kokichi smiled, and there it was, the happy liar.
Shuichi smiled, he looked away and seemed to doze off. Kokichi became silent.
"I- thank you kokichi." Shuichi said quietly, "Thank you for making that hell hole fun." He said, earning a confused look from kokichi "Why are you thanking me? Shouldn't you say that to Kaede, maki, hell even kaito!" The short one said defensively "I shouldn't be fuckin thanked." He growled
"Still, you made me happy and you surprisingly helped me in the trials." Shuichi said not intimidated by kokichi at all. The fact that the blue boy didn't seemed fazed by kokichi snapping made Kokichi a bit annoyed since that wasn't any fun.
Kokichi wasn't able to respond, he didn't know how to. He'd become very closed off and silent after he woke up from the game, it almost seemed like he took some of Shuichis traits when he left.
"I did?" The short kid answered.
"You did, you helped out in your not at all helpful way and made some of us laugh." Shuichi complented as kokichi pulled away from the other.
Kokichi smiled, he looked down for a second before looking back up at shuichi, "Im tired of this topic of thanks, can we talk about something else like the fact that there was apparently a giant fight after miu died?" Kokichi said changing the topic. The sudden change and words made Shuichi confused and he tilted his head.
"A-A fight! Ab-about what?" Shuichi stuttered in amazement. He hoped kokichis story wasn't a lie but even if it was then he hoped it was a fun one.
"I dunno exactly what happened simce I wasn't there.. Or was i (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" Kokichi laughed "How the- Im not gunna ask." Shuichi said quietly at how kokichi could say (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
"Yeah, Well apparently tenko challenged Ryoma to a fight or whatever to prove she could beat a male." Kokochi explained, "Didn't go very well when the shortest person got shot up into the ceiling." He laughed, shuichi shook his head in doubt "I don't believe you." He laughed
"Awww~ My beloved Shuichi doesn't believe my story?" kokichi said in fake sadness "Welll! Its true! You could ask ryoma yourself and he'd back me up!" Which made shuichi roll his eyes "Suree." He hummed happily.
The two boys stayed talking until they weren't allowed to continue anymore. They said their goodbyes and left for the night.
Shuichi was left flustered and happy, while kokichi was paniced and embarrassed. A good combination