Chapter 4: Eren's First Expedition? Part 1

Hiiiii! I made another one for u all! Hope you like it!

--------

3 years have gone by. Eren was 5 years old, and was a curious child. He would also do the stupidest things but he wouldn't get in trouble.

----

"Levi Heichou!" Eren shouted. Levi, who was reading a book, marked the page as he seen the child run in his direction. He seen Eren with a really dusty book in his hands.

"Oi. What is it?" Levi asked. Eren finally made his way to his father and panted heavily. Since Eren couldn't talk at the moment, he handed the book to Levi. He looked at the book and frowned. "Tch. Why are you giving me a dirty book. You know how I hate dirt and dust." He said and drunk his tea.

"I found this book! It's this cool? It talks about big blue ball full of water and green stuff (he is talking about the earth)!" Levi stopped and looked at the boy. His big Caribbean eyes showed curiosity and excitement. He opened the page to the earth and pointed at the earth. "See? It's round!" Eren said. Levi was a bit interested so he put his tea down and turned to Eren.

"Do you want me to read it to you?" Levi asked. Eren eyes lit up.

"Yay~!" He yelled and smiled. Levi sighed and smiled. Levi put the book on the table and picked Eren up and placed him in his lap. He lifted the book and started reading. Eren knows how to read but isn't good with big words, but he still listened without asking questions.

It was around night time. Levi was still reading, not just for Eren, but for himself as well. What he didn't know, is that Eren fell asleep in the middle of his reading session. When Levi felt like he read enough, he placed the book down on the table and stretched. He stopped when he heard a certain noise from someone. It was Eren smiling wrapping his arms around Levi's waist. Levi smiled and gently picked him up. He walked inside the building, which wasn't empty yet. Eren's friends from when he was 15 were still up. Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Ymir, Christa, Reiner, and Bertholdt were in the mess hall, talking to each other.

"Oi. Aren't you all supposed to be in bed?" Levi asked the group. They all looked at the short male and the child in his arms.

"W-we're sorry sir we couldn't sleep." Armin spoke up for the group. They all nodded their heads nervously except Mikasa. It's been two years and Mikasa still hates Levi. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Alright, you have 20 minutes till you have to go to sleep. We have an expedition tomorrow." With that, he left. They were left in utter and complete shock. Usually, Levi would command them to go to sleep. Levi has been a little weird lately. He's been more...nicer to the cadets. Was it because of Eren?

---------

It was expedition day. Levi wasn't really looking forward to it because it was Eren's first time going outside the walls. It scared him really. He was being a bit paranoid. When he fell asleep, he would have dreams about Eren getting eaten by a Titan, or in critical condition. He just didn't sleep right... He was scared to lose Eren. He grew to attached to the little brat. He rose up from bed and picked out a clean uniform. When he picked up a fresh outfit, he seen Eren's little outfit and 3DM gear. Hanji went all out on Eren becoming a soldier at a young, young age. He sighed and made his way to the bathroom and began changing. He took off his pajama shirt and looked at his toned stomach. He sighed and looked at his abs and biceps (Author: \(//∇//)\). He smirked and continued getting dressed. When he was finished, he walked out of the bathroom to see little Eren on the bed, waking up. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and looked at his father.

"Morning...*yawn* Levi Heichou..." Eren yawned out.

"Morning...Are you ready for your first expedition?" Levi asked. He tried to make it so it didn't look like he was worried.

"Yes sir!" He said with a big smile across his face.

"You're not scared?" Levi asked a bit shocked. Getting Eren's little outfit.

"Nuh uh! 'Cause I know you'll protect me!" Eren said happily. Levi stopped. He froze at his words. Suddenly, he remember his dream...

----Dream----

"Levi Heichou!!! Help me!!!!" Eren screamed with tears streaming down his face.

"Eren!!!" Levi yelled but was too late.

"Da-" he was cut off from the Titan. Blood was everywhere. Eren's arm...was all that was left of him...Eren....his adopted son...was dead.

"EREN!!!!" He sped up as tears fell from his face. He killed the titan who ate his only son and repeatedly stabbed the fallen Titan's body. "You...YOU BASTARD!!! I'M GOING TO RIP YOU TO SHREDS!!!" Levi yelled and coninued to slice the dead Titan's body until he couldn't do it anymore. Tears in his eyes. Yelling. He lost it... He lost his sanity. He was panting and he turned to see Eren's arm laying there. His legs gave out on him and he crawled all the way to the limb of his son. He picked it up and leaned on a tree sobbing and screaming as loud as possible. Until his throat went sore from all the yelling and he kept sobbing. He quietly whispered to himself...

"I'm sorry Eren. I couldn't protect you...I failed my job as a parent..."

---end of dream---

"Levi Heichou? Levi Heichou?" Eren repeated as Levi was lost in thought. Eren was about say his name again until he seen tears fall from his father's face. Eren was worried and gently tugged Levi's sleeve. "Levi Heichou? Are you okay?" Eren asked. Levi gasped and slowly looks at Eren and more tears fell. He grabbed Eren in a death grip hug. Eren hugged him back, hoping his dad was ok.

"I love you Eren...be safe and stay next to me no matter what. Don't go anywhere by yourself and that's an order! Understand?" Levi said holding back more tears.

"Hai..." Eren said and rubbed his dad's back. "I love you too Levi Heichou..." Levi couldn't do it. He sobbed lightly and tightened his grip on Eren's little figure. "L-Levi Heichou...I-I can't breathe..." Levi didn't care. He couldn't let go of his son. Eren sighed and hugged his crying dad back.

------

Levi and Eren were on the same squad, which is good. Eren looked determined and happy to see the outside world. Levi told Eren to go on front because he didn't want him to fall off the horse or something, so Eren gets to take in the scenery. Everyone was saying how cool he was and how cute his adopted son was. Eren smiled and they all went 'aww'. Levi smiled and people were in utter shock. Levi never smiled. Eren did change his life. There were some girls who fainted because how sexy he looked.

"Alright men. Be ready to make sacrifices. We will fight to the death if we have to! Now, be ready!" The gates opened and Eren was so excited he was smiling like an idiot. Levi chuckled at his adopted son's action. "GO!" Commander Erwin showed and the hoses started to run like no tomorrow.

"YAHOOO!" Hanji shouted. Eren was laughing at Hanji's behavior. Levi smiled sadly at Eren. He hoped that his dream won't come true. He gripped the reins and continued to move forward.

------

It was nighttime. Eren was asleep on Levi's lap, smiling happily. Levi stroked his head and smiled.

"He looks so cute...You're a good father Levi." Hanji said. Levi looked at Hanji and turned away quickly. "Hm? Is something wrong Levi?" Hanji asked and seen Levi in tears. "Levi...?" Hanji asked.

"What?" He said rather harshly. Hanji didn't flinch. She looked in his face and frowned.

"Are you still having those dreams Levi?" Hanji asked. Levi's expression softened.

"Yeah...I am..." Levi said and wiped the tears from his face.

"Don't worry...Eren will be safe." Hanji said and gently pat his back.

"I hope so..." Levi mumbled to himself.