Chapter 9: Return? To Normal?!

Hope you like the pic QwQ

-------------

Levi's P.O.V

'God, I'm going insane.' I say to myself. I shut my eyes tightly, hoping I could stop the tears flowing. 'Damn brat... Damn....DAMN IT ALL!' I shout mentally at myself and ran my hands through my hair. Suddenly the door opened to reveal a shocked Hanji. I looked at her with a confused expression.

"What?" I ask. She rubbed the back of her head.

"Uh...well....something happened to Eren....again." She said and looked away.

"What happened?!" I yell. She didn't flinch. She sighed and motioned me to follow her. A few minutes later, I was at the infirmary. Is he okay? "Why are we here? Is he hurt?" I ask. She nodded no.

"Just go inside. You'll see." She said an sighed. I slowly opened the door. I peeked in to see a figure on the bed. I walked in and closed the door. The figure looked at me and smiled. It was....Eren. He's 15 again... Actually 18...

"Hi Heichou. Hanji said I've been in a coma." He said and giggled. Hanji....lied to him? Why? "I did something reckless again, huh? Hahaha." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

"Eren..." I start. He turned to me and I hugged me tightly.

"H-Heichou?!" He shouted. I cried in his shirt. "Heichou? Are you okay?" He said. I ignored him. I was so glad he was okay, but I miss the little Eren. But as long as he's here, I'm happier than ever. "Heichou..." He said and awkwardly stroked my hair.

"You don't remember...?" I ask.

"Remember what?" I say. "Hanji told me I've been in a coma for 3 years. So I don't remember what happened last time I was awake." He said a bit sadly with a low chuckle. His words... He doesn't remember anything that happened for the past 3 years? He doesn't remember the expedition? He doesn't remember our last Christmas? He doesn't remember...his little speech he gave to me as a present? I wanted to cry...

"Nevermind..." I say.

-------------

It's been a month since Eren was his original self. A month without a little child running around. A month with no one sleeping next to me. A month of love and affection from him. It hurts.

"Damn it!" I yell and punch a hole in my wall. I looked at my hand and sighed. It was bleeding. I heard a knock. "What is it?" I ask.

"Heichou, are you alright?" A sweet voice asked. Eren...

"Why do you care?" I'm back to my mean self. But not entirely.

"B-because I heard a loud noise and I got worried." He sputtered. He was worried? About me? Tch.

"Come in." I say and sighed. Eren slowly opened the door and almost freaked.

"Heichou! Your hand!" He said. He ran into my bathroom and grabbed a washcloth. He gently cleaned the blood off and ran out. He soon came back with rubbing alcohol, cotton balls and bandages. "Can I see your hand Levi Heichou?" He asked. I sighed and held my hand out. He poured some in the cotton ball. "This'll hurt a bit..." He warned. I nodded for him to continue and he slowly put the wet cotton ball on my scratches. I winced and groaned as it stung. "I'm sorry Levi Heichou. I'll be more gentle." He says.

"It's fine..." I say and sighed. He nodded his head and continued to clean my wound. I looked at him the whole time but he didn't notice. I just want to see his eyes once more. "Oi. Eren." I say startling the boy.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Let me see your eyes." I commanded. He was reluctant at first but obeyed. He looked at me with those big beautiful eyes of his. I wandered of to his head.

'I wonder if he would still whine if I do this...?' I wondered to myself. I put my uninjured hand on his head and ruffled his hair.

"Eh?!" He said and whined a bit. "H-Heichouuuu...." He said. I laughed. I knew it. He frowned but quickly fixed it and bowed his head. "I-I'm sorry for that!" He said. I sighed.

"It's okay. But I love doing at. It never gets old." I say and chuckled. Eren of course tilted his head in confusion. Maybe I should leave him like that.