Chapter 5: Will He Wake Up?

When he seen his son in the hands of a defiant (I think that's what they call Titans with intelligence), he was on the verge of crying. Instead of not doing anything, he used more gas to get to his son at last minute. Unfortunately, he wasn't fast enough. The Female Titan dropped Eren in her mouth and shut her mouth. This time, he froze. Tears, tears, and more tears fell. He was on the nearest tree behind the defiant, who was acting like nothing happened. He fell to his knees, grieving over his son's death. The Female Titan began running, taking the unconscious boy with her. What Levi didn't know, was that Eren wasn't dead. He was knocked out because of the Titan's powerful strength.

"Why...?" He whispered quietly. "Why did it have to be Eren...?!" He shouted to himself. He looked down and cried loudly. Then, a spark of determination lit up inside him. "No..." He said to himself. "He's not dead....I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!" He shouted and rose up. "I'm going to get my son back! Even if it's the last of my strength...I'm going to get my son back." He said with determination.

He jumped off the tree and used his 3DM gear to move in the air. Levi used more gas than he usually did to get his son back. He couldn't slow down. He wouldn't slow down. He'll never slow down. Not when it came to Eren.

His speed was incredible. He dodged every tree he came across and he was right behind the defiant. He slashed her back which surprised her, but she kept going. Levi made it in front of her and he dug his blades in her eyes. He stabbed them and she attempted to flick him off, but failed. He targeted her arms and slashed them clean off swiftly. He made it to her jaw and cut off the lower part of her mouth. Her jaw automatically opened and there laid Eren. Covered in Titan spit. Levi was too happy to worry about the mess on Eren. He grabbed his son from her filthy mouth and moved swiftly away from the Female Titan. He held his son close to his chest.

He landed on a tree and put his ear on Eren's little chest. He waited. And waited. Until he heard a faint heart beat. Tears threatened to spill from his eyes. "You're okay...." He whispered. He held his unconscious son in his grasp and let tears flow from his eyes. He didn't care about the filth for once. He only cared that Eren was safe.

After a few minutes of crying, he looked to see the Female Titan. She was still regenerating. He sighed and grabbed his son and left the area. He used his gear to quickly get back to base without having the Female Titan following him.

------

Levi was on the carriage where Eren's injured body lies. He would check on his heart beat, hoping he stays alive. The whole ride there, he didn't talk to anyone. He just sat there and looked at his adopted son. They made it back inside the walls with a few people injured. They went back to HQ and Levi quickly sent Eren to the infirmary.

'Please be okay. Please be okay. Please be okay.' He mentally said to himself. He wasn't able to see Eren yet, so he waited and it was painful. The doctor came in.

"Um...Eren Jäger?" She read. He stood up and walked up to the woman. She was taller.

'These big ass people...' He thought to himself.

"Is he okay?" He asked impatiently. She sighed and frowned.

"I'm sorry, but he's in a coma right now." She said. Levi froze. "There is a little chance that he'll wake up. I'm sorry sir." She continued. "Apparently, he must've hit his head. Hard. We could only hope for the best." Tears were trying to fall from his eyes.

"Can I see him?" He asked and looked at the floor. She nodded and led him to Eren's room. When they arrived, Levi was in shock. His son was in bandages, stitches, and he had so many cuts and bruises on his body. He looked terrible. Levi couldn't do it. He let the tears fall from his face and he went closer to his son. He sobbed silently and his tears fell on Eren's bruised face. "I failed..." He said. "I'm sorry Eren."