Chapter Three

III
• • •

I woke up to the rough movements of the jet as we were getting ready to land. Looking over at Mason, I noticed that he was also just woken up.

I looked out the windows to see the sun rising and a shit-ton of palm trees lining the private runway. After landing we grabbed our bags and headed off the jet, immediately plunging into the humid weather.

There was a car waiting for us that was equipped with all the agency's gear. I hopped in the drivers seat before Mason could, and revved the engine. All that time locked up in the institution- it always felt good to get behind the wheel.

After he got in the passengers seat, I sped off down the rest of the runway until I found the entrance onto the street.

"You got the address in?" I asked him. He gave me a 'yup' before turning on the music.

"So, what should we do after?" He asked as we coasted along.

"After?" I repeated, not understanding.

"For our three whole Dan Days," he clarified.

"Oh ya, I don't know," I replied. I had stolen his sunglasses from his back pocket earlier, but he hadn't noticed yet and they'd been on me the whole time.

"What about..." he was thinking, "Hawaii!"

"Hawaii?? Are you serious?" I laughed. "How the fuck would we get to Hawaii?"

"We'd fly," he answered as if it was obvious.

"Yea, okay. Hawaii," I dropped it, rolling my eyes. "We should probably worry about completing the operation first before we think about how we'll spend our Dan Days."

"Whatever you say, mom," he responded. I snickered and turned the music up, feeling the wind in my hair as I sped down the open road with our windows down.

When we arrived at the apartment building, the sun was fully in the sky. The building was pretty big and looked really nice- from the outside at least.

We made sure to lock the car after we grabbed our bags out of the back and I looked over at Mason as he searched through his bag for something.

"Have you seen my-" he looked up at me, doing a double. His eyes narrowed as he marched over and took his sunglasses off my face. I laughed at how long it had taken for him to realize.

"Those are nice- you should keep a close eye on them, someone might take th-"

"Fuck off, Faye," he cut me off, putting them on. I let out another laugh as we started walking towards the building.

As soon as we walked in, the scent of fresh lemon cleaner filled my scenes. Not too shabby..

Walking into our apartment was pretty cool- it wasn't too often that we got jobs where we had our own apartment. We would typically stay at a house owned by the agency or a shitty motel of sorts. We were living in luxury with this place.

"Ohhhh ya," Mason sighed, throwing his bags down and sinking into the couch. I found my room and put my bags down on the floor, plopping onto my bed. As much as I wanted to curl up and sleep, I knew I had work to do.