Chapter Five

V
• • •

I quickly made my way to the computer, wanting to see what he found. He started playing a security film from a gas station of a middle-aged man with a beard.

"Who is that?" I asked, confused at the relevance.

"I don't know- but look at the truck," he said and proceeded to then open a view other films of the same truck getting gas on multiple occasions but with different people.

"I didn't think much of these at first, since it just looks like a bunch of random guys getting gas in their random truck, but then I realized this was the same truck with the same license plate," he continued. I continued to watch the films, taking it all in.

"Then I remembered I had seen that truck before," he clicked on the last film, and lone behold, there was Carl filling it up. "What the hell does this mean?"

"Are they all our targets?" I asked.

"That's the thing- no," he looked up at me. "Only 1 out of these 12 guys is one of the new targets, which makes me think this whole works is much bigger than the agency thinks it is."

"Shit," I commented, looking back at all the films and trying to get a look at them all. There were so many.

I thought deeply as my eyes dug into the screen, searching for anything we may not have seen yet. Wait a second.

"Mase, can u zoom in on them pumping the gas?" I asked and in a few moments he had zoomed in on them all.

"Look there," I pointed and he focused in on the screen, "they're not filling the truck, they're filling a container that they then put in the back seat for transport. They're fueling something else," I explained. His eyes widened as he saw it.

"Then they're fueling something big- they make almost a visit a day," he added. The wheels in my head were turning.

"This means there must be a sight, right? Like a specific place they use for their whole operation," I said and he nodded his head, also in thought

"But how do they pay for all the gas? I mean, that's a shit ton of money to be spending daily- there are cheaper ways they could get gas," he thought out loud.

"They must have an in at that gas station," I almost exclaimed, practically jumping on top of him to sit in front of the computer. He chuckled at my urgency. I pulled up the file of one of our targets.

"I knew it- I thought I remembered one of them working at a gas station," I scanned over the file quickly to make sure I was right. "Richard Cane, he works the night shift at that gas station. He must get them the gas for free somehow."

"Hell yea, we got 'em," Mason observes the screen as I made the connection. "They have a very specific pattern to when they get gas, and if it stands then they won't be getting any tonight, but Richard will still be working."

"Lets get the son of a bitch," I turned to him with a smirk.

"Is it a smart first move, though?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course- they have no idea we're here, so we'll just make it look like he disappeared. Right away that strips them of their gas for whatever they're fueling and it creates some tension within the scheme if they think someone bailed," I replied, and he nodded.