Chapter Twelve

XII
• • •

        When we got over to the group, Blake looked up at the two of us, his eyes flicking down to Mason's firm grip on my waist before looking back up to meet my eyes.

"Ah- you two- welcome back!" The same dude as before welcomed us, somehow drunker than before. "We don't know any more games to play," he slurred out. My eyes flicked to the empty glass bottles littering the ground around us.

"How about a round of spin the bottle?" I smirked. Most of the circle let out an enticed 'ooo' and chuckled at the thought. There were only a few who seemed opposed- Blake being one of them.

"I like this girl," the guy slurred out again, and I winked at him as he grabbed a glass bottle and placed it in the middle of the circle. Blake downed his drink and placed the empty cup down behind him, sighing and running a hand through his hair. I held back a chuckle. Mason leaned in close to me so that his lips were right next to my ear.

"Act like I'm saying something really sexy and irresistible," he said, his deep voice soft enough for just me to hear. I chuckled and pushed him away from me, faking a blushed expression. I leaned back up to whisper back in his ear.

"Acting like this and pretending to be shy to you really makes me wanna fucking kill somebody," I told him, giggling through the pain. He chuckled and, knowing it would irk me, brought me on top of his lap and wrapped his arms around me. Like I was a fucking toddler.

The urge to deliver a harsh elbow to his jaw had never been so strong. He must have sensed the danger he was putting himself in by annoying me to this extent, for he soon-after placed me back down next to him.

Apparently someone had already spun the bottle and exchanged a quick, boring little peck while this was happening.. because all of a sudden it was my turn to spin.

Grinning, I climbed forward and spun the bottle. I followed it with my eyes, and when it finished, my gaze flicked up to Blake's, before switching over to the girl that it had landed on. She looked a little too shy for my taste, but she was pretty damn attractive. Everyone in the circle let out surprised and/or excited hollers as I crawled over to her.

"You ever kissed a girl before?" I asked her, grinning. She shook her head 'no'.

"Never have," she told me, her face growing a little pink.

"Well.. that makes one of us."

I went closer to her and knelt up on my knees as I brought my hands to the sides of her face. Without thinking about it, I brought my lips to hers. The soft touch and sweet taste of her lips on mine filled my senses, and I could tell she was a little taken aback. However, after a second, she kissed me back with equal intensity. I smiled into the kiss as she gripped my waist.

The kiss probably went on for a minute or two before I gently pulled away, looking into her eyes and backing away until I was next to Mason again. The group let out some 'woops' and all-but-cheered as I felt Mason's arm fall back over my shoulders. I brought my finger to my lips to fix my lip stick and grinned again.

My eyes snapped up to Blake, who was watching me with a level of intensity that I noticed he didn't let himself switch into very often. But in that moment, I knew that he wanted to have been that girl. And I knew that it wasn't an act.

Mason was next to spin. However, in the spirits of embracing his asshole-role, he shamelessly rigged it so that it would land on me. Going along with it, I laughed and immediately tried to push him away from me. Mason let a punchable, smug smile spread on his face as he continued to lean into me, his hands feeling their way up my sides.