Chapter Seven

VII
• • •

        My alarm clock woke me up at 7:30 am. After getting washed and brushing my teeth, I slipped on some dark red leggings and a thin black zip-up hoodie. I casually scooped up my file on the way out into the living room/kitchen area. After putting on a pot of coffee, I popped some bread into the toaster and made my way over to Mason's room.

"Morning sleeping beauty, get the hell up," I woke him up abruptly, flickering the lights. He grunted and rolled over, covering his face with his pillow.

"Whyyy?" He whined, his voice muffled.

"Cuz we've got a lot of shit to do today," I replied and left his door open as I walked away. The morning sunlight lit the apartment with cool-tones as it creeped in through the windows.

The hot coffee slowly brought life into me as I looked through all the files on the targets we planned on eliminating within the next couple of days. After the information was digitally sent to us, we had decided to print out the files out to make them more manageable to study.

"What's the rush?? We have all day to kill one middle-aged, out of shape man," Mason was still complaining as he joined me in the kitchen, slipping a shirt on over his head.

"I could just go by myself if you'd rather," I sipped my coffee.

"I don't think so. You're not getting all the fun parts to yourself," he replied, leaning over and taking a piece of my toast. I glared up at him.

"The only reason you still have a hand right now is because I didn't want that toast anymore, anyway," I warned and he winked in response.

We spent the morning engaging in our usual bantering, as well as gathering information on our targets. After we grew bored of this, we spent a while training downstairs.

Then at around 4 pm, we decided it was time to head out and eliminate our buddy Richard Cane, and actually do it this time.

Instead of putting on my typical black leather getup, I put on one of my outfits reserved for any eliminations that I might be seen by others, or just need to appear normal in general. I had on black skinny jeans and a light brown leather jacket with cute brown booties. Various weapons were hidden all over me.

"And you're sure that Blake isn't going to make another guest appearance, right?" Mason asked as we made our way out of the apartment building and over to the car.

"Yes, I told you- I put a tracker on his phone," I assured him.

I didn't just look in his contacts when I took his phone, I also installed a basic tracker... but he should really listen to me and put a passcode on that thing- otherwise someone else could easily do the same.

I stuck my hands out of the sun roof as we sped down the road. If there was one thing I had noticed about that town, it's how constantly dead it was. Rarely did you see anyone out and about. It was almost haunting in a sense.. but I liked it. Less people meant more room to have fun and play around in.

We pulled in the same place across the street from the parking lot that we had before, and both got out of the car. We grinned at each other as we made our way to over to the place.

Mason had figured out where we could take Richard that wasn't in the gas station security cameras, just in case Price-and-company got sketched up about their friend's disappearance and decided to check the tapes. He waited out back in position while I walked in to the crappy little building to lure him out back and into position.