Chapter 24

~Hisato's POV~

He had been walking around the school, searching for meals, when Hisato found the spirit.

It was hunched up in a little ball, sitting in the practice garden under a tree.

It was a perfect target.

Hisato crept closer, getting a better look at the apparition. Then, he froze.

An aura of pure power surrounded the spirit, causing Hisato to back away. No, not this one... this one's dangerous.

Before he turned, he caught a glimpse of a hat and two black wisps.

Then, he went back the way he came.

~Y/n's POV~

When Nene came into the classroom, she looked upset.

No, upset was too mild.

More like... empty.

Her rose-colored eyes were glazed over, as if she were dead. She looked down at the ground and didn't even look up when Y/n called her name. She just sat down and looked straight ahead.

"Um, Nene-chan?" Y/n asked her friend worriedly. "Are you okay?"

Nene didn't answer.

Then, Hisato walked into the room. Y/n felt her heart flutter in her chest at the sight of him. His hair was a light blonde, which was new.

Y/n swore she had seen that color before...

"Ah, Hisato-san!" She called, getting up. "It's good to see you!" Hisato smiled and walked over to her.

Out of the corner of her eye, Y/n saw Nene tense.

"Nice to see you, too." He said kindly. "Hey, Yashiro-san. How are you today?"

Nene stared up at him, eyes wide.

"I-I..." She whispered. Then, she stood up, fast as lightning, and ran to a garbage can, where she vomited.

"Nene-chan!" Y/n exclaimed and ran over to her friend.

People in the class backed away in disgust as the teacher came to help Nene.

"Yashiro, are you alright?" The teacher asked worriedly. Nene nodded weakly.

"I... I'm fine, thank you..." She said tiredly. "S-sorry about that..." 

The teacher gave her a note and promptly sent Nene to the nurse.

Class began after that.

"I wonder what happened..." Y/n told Hisato as they sat down. The boy shrugged.

"I dunno." He said, looking concerned. "I hope she's okay."

"Me too." She agreed.

As she turned around, she thought she saw Hisato's face change a little, but before she could really tell, she couldn't see him anymore.

~Time skip~

Nene didn't come back to class that day.

She was sent home because she was really sick.

No one really knew what happened to her.

All except two people;

Nene Yashiro,

and Hisato Nakamura.

~~~~~~

Next chapter coming soon