Valerie's Backstory

Valerie was a child who was part of the court of the Dark Kingdom. No one really knew who her parents were (except the King Edmund apparently) but she was raised for her first years as a kitchen maid.

One day, when she was about six years old, at a palace dinner while she was serving some servant hit a precious vase but she saved it with great dexterity and agility before it shattered. That night she impressed the members of the Brotherhood who decided to start training her to make her a new member of their group of chosen knights.

But not only they were struck by the little girl, the Queen of the Dark Kingdom from that moment began to take care about Valerie and her education, becoming like a mother figure for her to which she was extremely attached.

So from that day Valerie's schedule was divided between training with Hector, Adira and Quirin and the lessons with the Queen.

At that time Valerie thought she had found everything she could wish for: masters whom she admired and truly considered as sibilings and a loving figure who treated her like a daughter.

The years passed, Valerie was about twelve years old when something shocked her whole world: when the Queen died because of the power of the Moonstone, after she gave birth to her son and King Edmund decided to drive out all the inhabitants of the castle and to separate the knights of the Brotherhood to protect the Dark Kingdom, Valerie asked him and the Brotherhood members to be able to protect an area close to the Kingdom too.

So they decided to entrust her the Great Snowy Mountains, four perpetually snow-capped peaks located south-west from the Dark Kingdom, sure that she would be safe there since no one would ever venture there trying to reach the Moonstone.

Than, after saying goodbye to her masters with the promise that they would come to see her soon, Hector took her to the mountain retreat that became her home for the next twenty-five years.

On the mountains Valerie patrolled every peak for a while before moving on to the next one and then starting over. Meanwhile she continued with the fight trainings. And with time she stopped waiting for her masters to come...

If she needed food she went down the valley to a small village and people there didn't ever trust her completely, since they tend to have a very reserved and gruff character.

Many times Valerie came down to the village and many times people there were wary to this strange girl appeared out of nowhere who could, most of the time, easily fight with grown up men and wanders alone on the four peaks. So they started to fear her and to call her "the Crazy Mount Lady". Despite all that both Valerie and the villagers knew that if they didn't want to have problems they live seconded. For this reason over the years Valerie has developed a fear for other's judgments and for crowds.

When the Mind Trap was activated by Cassandra at the end of "Race to the Spire" Valerie was also affected by it: she was out in one of her patrol on the mountains peaks but suddently stopped and started to go back down in direction of Corona, blan...

When the Mind Trap was activated by Cassandra at the end of "Race to the Spire" Valerie was also affected by it: she was out in one of her patrol on the mountains peaks but suddently stopped and started to go back down in direction of Corona, blankly passing trough the village. In it the people tried to stop, her noticing her wierd shining eyes, but she started to freak out and attack them savagely since they didn't let her pass. When they finally maneged to block her, they locked her up to prevent her from doing other damage there or to arrive in Corona.

During "Plus est en vous", when the Mind Trap was activated again, she maneged to escape but chased by the villagers. And when the talisman was destroyed by Edmund its control vanished from Valerie too, but of course the villagers didn't trust her anymore and they ousted her from the mountains.

Not knowing where to go anymore Valerie started to wander until she reached the walls of Old Corona.

Now that she knows that the Moonstone is gone Valerie doesn't have to patrol the way to the Dark Kingdom and she only wants reconcil with her masters and start the normal life she always dreamed of.

Dean, who will help her overcome her fears and will become Val's best friend. And who knows? Maybe even something more.