The First Meeting

"I'm ready"

Quirin looked up the stairs and smiled "You look wonderful~"

Valerie was standing there in brand new dress "I look stupid."

Varian came in "Isn't that mum's old dress?"

"Yeah, I got it fixed for her"

Valerie came down the stairs "Quirin do I really have to dress like this?"

"You don't want to come to the festival dressed like you had just come down from a mountain right?"

"Haha very funny. C'mon! It's just a stupid village festival, not an invitation to the castle!"

"You would go dressed as always even if you were invited to have tea with the queen~" Varian said passing behind them.

Val glared him "Quirin, why can't I stay home? I'd embarrass you!"

"Hey, if she's not coming I won't come either! I have a lot of stuff to do in the laboratory!" Varian protested.

"You two will come. End of the story."

"Fine." snorted Varian going back to his lab.

"You know very well that I can't miss it and I would like you to be there too. After all it could be a nice way to introduce you to the rest of the village, Valerie"

She sat down at the kitchen table "I will make some disaster, I can feel it. I don't even remember the last festival I went to!"

"You'll be doing great, just don't worry too much and have fun." Quirin said before going to the other room.

Val sighed "Have fun..."

----------------------------------

Valerie was looking around near a large table for the drinks "This is a bad idea. And this dress is not helping!" she grumbled pulling up the hem of the dress from under her shoes.

Meanwhile a guy went there to get a drink, without she noticing him.

Varian was dancing with the other villagers when he yelled at Valerie to overtake the music "Val! Come dance with us~"

"N-no thanks Varian, I don't dance"

"Oh c'mon! Dean, convince her!"

Valerie looked at the man near her. He was slightly taller than him and with quite big shoulders and hands. He must have been roughly her age.

"Varian I don't think the Miss wants to, don't insist" the guy said with a smile.

"Don't give her slack Dean, or she'll end up breaking you something~"

Valerie blushed brightly "VARIAN!"

"Bye~" Varian said getting back to dance.

Dean chuckled and looked at Valerie "Breaking me something, huh?"

"D-don't listen to him, he's exaggerating"

"Don't worry" he smiled shyly getting a step closer to her "I like tough girls~"

Valerie looked surprised at him and smiled.

----------------------------------

"Wait wait let me get this straight: you fought with a bear when you were only twelve years old?!"

"Yeah and it was just the first time~" Val replied sipping from her mug.

"And with wolves too?!"

Valerie nodded smiling.

"Wow! That's insane! You must be stronger than any man in this village!" Dean exclaimed.