Let me See my Queen...

So I was doing some sketches of Val yesterday and finally I got the inspiration to write something about her.

I have to say that I'm not good at writing and probably I made a mess in this but I swear that in Italian it all sounded better ^^"

And this is just how I imagined Valerie's reaction to the Dark Kingdom Queen's death, enjoy some against fellas

Valerie was running down the dark hallway. It wasn't true. It couldn't have really happened.

She had to see her, see with her own eyes even for a moment.

Those words she had just heard from Quirin echoed muffled in her ears: "The baby is safe, but the Queen..."

It was not true! A stupid stone couldn't have just taken a such loved one away from her!

She felt her heart in her throat and tears escaping down her eyes. Quirin and Adira were chasing her but a low hiss prevented her from understanding their calls, or maybe she just didn't want to listen to them.

She reached the door, ready to open it but Quirin stopped her by grabbing her arm "Valerie stop!"

"N-no! Let me go!" she yelled trying to free herself from his grasp.

"Calm down please, let's get away from here and I'll explain you everything-"

Valerie spun around and almost growled through tears like a beast in chains "LET ME SEE HER! LET ME SEE MY QUEEN QUIRIN!"

"YOU CAN'T GO THERE! The King ordered that no one can enter!" he retorted trying to impose his voice over.

The door opened and King Edmund thundered over them "What's going on here? I said I didn't want anyone to come."

"I-I'm sorry Your Majesty!" Quirin quickly responded "I was explaining to Valerie that- Valerie wait!"

Valerie took advantage of their distraction to rush into the room.

"Get out RIGHT NOW!" Edmund yelled trying to stop her.

She stopped in front of the figure on the bed.

"I said get out, Valerie." the King coldly said behind her.

Valerie trembled as she slowly brought her hands to her mouth and tears poured down copiously. It was all true, it was a nightmare. The dearest person she knew, the woman she regarded as a mother, who had changed her life... Was gone... And she couldn't do anything...

She felt heavy legs and a huge boulder on her chest: she fell on her knees, bursting into a desperate cry.

Quirin bent beside her and Valerie hugged him tightly. He looked at her worried and then turned to King Edmund who was looking at them impassively.

Adira approcched and helped Valerie to get up. "Come 'ere, sister..." she said, accompanying her outside.

Quirin followed them out after bowing and closed the door.

Valerie tried to contain her sobs as she hugged Adira, who looked worriedly at Quirin.

He started to put his hand on Valerie's shoulder "Valerie listen-"

She pushed away his hand as she ran away towords her room.

"Sister! Wait!"

"Let's just... leave her alone for a while Adira..." Quirin sighed.