Journey to Corona

Here we are with another part of the story, this is probably the longest thing I've ever wrote but I really like it :3

It takes place the day after the festival in Old Corona (so after Valerie and Dean's first meeting)

We're now are in Varian's house and someone is already quite active around the cookers for the first breakfast

.

.

.

"Good morning guys~ It's almost ready." Valerie cheerfully greeted while mixing a dough in a bowl.

"You are in a good mood today." Quirin said as he went down the stairs.

Varian was following him "It's strange after the poor figure you made yesterday at the festival-" Suddenly a dirty wooden spoon came to his face and he covered his nose groaning "OUCH!"

"When will you learn that I have a good aim, Varian?"

"Please don't start to fight again. Valerie, come and clean this mess." Quirin said calmly.

"Okay okay sorry, but he started." Valerie knelt down to clean with a rag while they sat at the table "Oh, before I forget, I won't be here this morning but I should be back for lunch"

"And where do you wanna go? Outside the walls again?"

"Actually I wanted to go to Corona with Dean."

Varian stood up "You're going to Corona? Can I come with you? I have to do some repairs at the castle."

"Of course, no problem!"

"Great! Give me five minutes and I'm ready!" Having said that he took a slice of bread and ran to his laboratory.

"Are you sure it's a good idea Valerie?" Quirin asked "You've never been there alone, and after what happened yesterday-"

Val smiled "But I won't be alone! Dean will be there too~ It was his idea to go, he wants to show me how his job works."

"It seems good to me but stay with him."

She annoyed put her hands on the hips "What are you worried about? That I could get lost? The center of Corona doesn't seem that big."

"Yeah, but I don't want you to make any trouble."

"The one at the festival was an accident! I apologized to that guy several times when I came back!"

"I understand but you have to be careful. With your reflexes you risk to scare someone who maybe doesn't want to do anything to you, like yesterday."

She snorted "Fine. I'll let the guard down."

"Good. Remember that nobody here wants to hurt you."

----------------------------------

"Here we are. Welcome to Corona~" Dean exclaimed as the cart passed along the bridge that connected the island to the mainland.

"I've already been here but it's always amazing to see."

When they crossed the bridge Varian got down the cart "Thank you for the ride Dean! I have to go, the princess is waiting for me. Have fun Val!"

"We'll meet again here at eleven to get back! Don't be late!"

"I can't promise~!" And he run to the castle.

"You two really look like brother and sister." Dean said as he lead the cart into the town.

"Who? Us? You can't even imagine how much we fight."

"Well, I dunno much about siblings but I think that fights are pretty normal. Didn't you and the members of the Brotherhood argue with each other?"