Chapter 3 (Disastrous Reception)

Chapter 3 (Disastrous reception)

After all the award ceremony, it is time for the VIPs (the invited speakers like Yibo and also Haikuan the owner of the University) to go to the private function room in the University. The award ceremony has taken the whole morning and it is time for some refreshments.

"Ge, I think I will leave" Yibo talking to Haikuan

"Yibo, I am glad that you came, although you are a bit older than those kids here, you are still only 22, it is good for you to mix around with them. You have been surrounded by all the oldies in the business side of the world. Mingling among them would be a delightful change. Especially that handsome boy "Xiao Zhan", I can see his character is so opposite of you. He is spontaneous and really cheerful". The mentioning of the name 'Xiao Zhan" seems to give Yibo some reaction, though not visible on his stoic face but his hand has formed into a fist and they are now holding tighter and tighter that the the white of the bones on the fist is now protruding. Yibo is trying to steady his emotions that seems sometimes uncontrollable when he hears the name. Why is this name seems to cast a spell in him, Yibo was actually furious with the reaction. He has always been a controller of all matters, Taking over the company at the age of 21, he control staffs and business associates, defeat enemies that are older than myself. This 'little boy' Xiao Zhan bring up foreign and "alienetic" emotions in him. Honestly, Yibo hates to lose control, having control is his defend mechanism in life that he feels would protect him.

Haikuan looks at Yibo and is now waiting for his answer. Haikuan took a glance at the side of Yibo fist and he was surprised at his "di" reaction. "Hm,,, don't tell me he is nervous,, what!!!, not Yibo, never Yibo, I have not seen him ever nervous, maybe his is uncomfortable mixing around with the young people, Ha... the more I should as a Ge, help him..." Haikuan was thinking in his mind, Haikuan now felt like he has a mission today for himself, helping his "di" to overcome this social anxiety and mingle with these young people.

Haikuan did not want to wait for an answer and he just pulled Yibo to walk along the corridor heading to the private function room. As they were walking, some oldies senior management and the principal start to talk to Haikuan and gradually the grip on Yibo's hand has loosen. Yibo decided to go to the man's restroom to freshen up.

Yibo halt his step, when he heard that voice again. There are some giggling and light smacking in the toilet.

"Hey, today, we are serving a lot of corporate companies head here, don't cause trouble ok"

"What cause trouble, you accusing mouth!!!!, trouble always find me, it the other way round you know" XZ replied

"Ok, there is alcohol today, it is only for the guests, REMEMBER don't drink them, you know how alcohol affect you"

"Ok, Ge, are you happy for me that I got the top award" XZ asked

"Of course, this is an academic award not an emotional intelligent award though"

"What do you mean, what are you trying to say" XZ asked earnestly

"Look at how you jump and hug that speaker, you have no control over your emotions and even the parts of your body. Man.. you hug a total stranger in front of the whole University"

"What!!!! ZUO CHENG idiot!!!!!, SHUT UP!!!!!, I was happy, ok. This is a high level of emotional expression when someone is at their happy moment, they wanted to share with another human being. There was no one at the stage and I forgot.... and so I hug him. He is not an oldie you know, this behaviour is now modern and common from the West. Ha.. guess your thick skull would not understand though, errr" an irritated XZ reply.