Jenny 3

Jenny

It had been two day since I’d been in this shit hole. Two fucking days?.  I was on strike. I would not leave this room. No way in hell. Suddenly, a knock at the door that distracted me from raging thoughts.

“Baby? I bought you something to eat...errm I got some mac ‘n’cheese if you’re hungry...I’m gonna leave out here..When you’re ready ....it’s be here” she was struggling to speak  coherent words. I could tell the bitch was scared of me. Hmmm...

“I’m not your fucking baby. Get lost Tasha” I shouted through the door that I’d made sure to lock.

She let out a sigh and I heard her footsteps climb down the stairs, deciding to go for the food. Damm it smelt goooood.

“Food was always your weak spot as a kid” a whoring voice came from above me. Tasha.

“Whatever Tash,  we don’t have to talk ya’ know. I mean all you have to do is make sure I’m alive at the end of summer so I can go back to my normal life.” I snapped heading back to my room, bring the plate with me.

Foolishly I forgot to lock the door and unwillingly invited the devil. Tasha.

She stood at the door and spoke. “I understand why our angry Jay. I really do but I had to do what was best for you at the time...it was hard but.. I just...I was so young...it was soo hard with Cal... and momma..”

I cut her off. I didn’t really want to hear the bullshit. “You are 13 years too late to play mummy. I suggest we don’t try this whole mother daughter shit. It will save time and needless awkwardness.”  The room was dark but I could see her gloomy expression clearly. Result. I wanted her to feel rejected just as I had for the majority of my life.

She sighed some more and looked to the ground trying not cry. Then she lifted her head stared at me for a moment trying to find an adequate response. I felt bad as I watched her walk away but she deserved every word I said.

The door opened the second time but i didn’t even notice. I was so engrossed into my meal I didn’t notice the new presence in the room.

“Who the hell are you? And what are you doing in my room?” The female voice made me jump.

“Excuse me?” I replied confused

“ I said  I who the hell are you?!?!?I Girl are you deaf? What the hell are doing in my beh’room?” the girl turned on the lights and headed over to pull the blinds I’d kept shut for the last two day. I flinched at the sunlight.

“It is pronounced bedroom” I rolled my eye’s taking a proper look at this girl.

“Ohh so the Queen of England up’ in here getting smart” the girl knitted her eyebrows rolling her neck. Oh great.  

“Well if you must know. I am Jenny Robert” I sat up with pride as I announced my name.

“Ohh you the girl Tasha been talking bout? Damn. Well I’m Erica James...Tasha’s niece, so I guess that makes me your cousin huh?”

“I guess.” I didn’t really care who she was to be frank.

“Well you’ in bedroom. Sitting on my bed”

“I highly doubt that I am. You see Tasha...my mother gave me this room to stay in for the summer.”  I tried to explain to this Erica chic.

“Well I live here and this my room.” The girl sassed

“There are 4 Bedroom in this house and you mean to tell me you can’t just go and stay in one of the others?” I was not having this.

“So you come up in here with your little bougie British accent and start ordering people around I don’t think so. You better get your shit and get gone.”

Just as I was about to respond Tasha came up. Again.

Ohh good I see you girls are getting to know each other” she spoke in her soft voice smiling.

“Tasha, can you please explain the agreed upon sleeping arrangements with this young lady” I asked nicely for the first time.

“Well Jenny you and Erica are gonna have to share room”

“WHAT?!?!” we both said in sync

“What do you mean?!” I asked for a further explanation.

“Well I’m having the two guest rooms knocked down into one large room and they won’t be safe to sleep in with all the construction going on. So yall we have to share” she clarified. “and by the way Momma J is sending Chris and Marques over for dinner, so I’m gonna go down stairs and start on the food.” She left.

“Who are Chris and Mark-us?” I asked as I entered a deeper level of confusion.

“Two of my friends from the neighbourhood, Chris lives across the street and Marques live down by Pevmont.” She said opening her wardrobe looking for something.“ I’d suggest you get cute” she laughed.

“Why?” I asked. I didn’t give a fly fuck about anyone in this town.

She didn’t respond. Just merely laughed to herself as entered the en suite bathroom.

 I looked in the mirror and noticed the hideous sight that looked back at me. WOW I had let myself go. My hair was up in a messy bun, my face was greasy and my glasses made me look like a complete nerd. Shit. Next to Erica I was hideous. She was light skinned with long brown curly hair that waves down to her full breast. For the brief moment we’d spoken I could help notice the hourglass figure clung behind her tight short dress. She was beautiful. But I was not going to be up staged by some hood rat.