Chapter 8

Jenny

It’d been two days since Chris remembered my name. 48 hours since he touched me. 2880 minutes since he smiled at me. I couldn’t help but replay the scene at the basketball court in my head over and over again. He must think I’m a complete idiot judging from the way I was behaving, I can’t believe I acted that way in front of him. See, my problem is that I have an inability to flirt on demand. I know it sounds funny, but, it’s like as soon as a hot guy speaks to me I become a goof and start acting like an idiot. I almost spent the last two nights sitting at the window pretending to read whilst actually looking out the window across the street trying to catch a glimpse of him and it was taking its toll on me, I was exhausted.

“Jayyy Heyyy?!” Erica tried to snap me out of my day dream

“huuh?” I was completely bewildered

“Are you even paying attention to me?” she frowned

“Sorry I’m just so tired, you know I haven’t really been sleeping” I yawned as we stepped into Gina’s Pizzeria

“Yah need to put that big ass book down and learn to sleep”

“Trust me the last thing I want to do is read, but it normally helps me to fall asleep...I’m sure it’s just jetlag finally catching up to me”

I was starting to notice that Erica had a tendency to rely on her looks to get what she wanted. As waited in line for a booth, all it took was a wink for the waiter to give us the biggest booth in the restaurant; it was just way too hot to eat at any of the patio tables.

“And what can I get you beautiful ladies” the waiter licked his lips; I knew he was talking to Erica, or maybe her breast as they filled her crop top. Either way he was annoying, rolled my eyes and exhaled. They ignored me.

“We’ll...hhmm have the one Caesar salad...and extra large pepperoni pizza and two medium cheese pizza’s” she moaned and bit her lip while flirting with the waiter. I wasn’t shocked Erica was just such an attention seeker.

I was getting sick of this.

“That will be all.... THANK YOU”  I cocked me head to the side and eyed him from head to toe.

“Jay! What the hell” Erica gasped

“Erica you can’t be serious? Him? I’m doing you a favour. Are you blind?”

“You’ve got a lot to learn Jay” she laughed.

“Whatever E. Why did you order so much food” I sat up comfortably as the food arrived.

“oh I’m gon’ meet a couple ah my friends here”

   Friends? Chris Maybe?

“Friends?” I mumbled whilst stuffing the pizza into my mouth, lucky I wore a loose maxi dress that day meaning I could really pig out. 

“Don’t worry they cool. And Chris is not coming if that is what your thinkin’ ” she rolled eyes as she said his name.

“Can I ask you something? “

“Shoot”

“What’s the deal with you and Chris? Why are you so weird with him?”

“Nothing...we just friends, that just how our relationship is...Don’t tell me you’ feeling him” She rolled her eyes

“No. of course not” I lied.

“Good. Cos he ain’t no good.  The only thing you can git from dating a guy like Chris is an STD” We both laughed