14 KID-NAPS

A/N - Read all the comments from chapter 13. Loving the feedback! 

----

"All in all, I just want to let loose...having a low profile isn't very fun. But might as well take it, if I can have some booze. Not asking for much am I?"

" What are you doing here?" Namjoon was finally able to say something.

"I wanted to have fun. Meet new people..." Jimin turned towards Namjoon's direction, his eyes seemingly having no emotion.

"Jimin---" Namjoon was cut off.

"Seeing the tones of colour in this white crowd is a nice change, don't you think?"

Namjoon inhaled a long breath before releasing a deep sigh. He couldn't keep with people who have shambolic minds. "We don't have time for your shit." Namjoon was internally blown away at how terrified he was, as he spoke to the man who was a year younger than him. Once a young brother, now could've be viewed the same way again.

"Shit huh?" Jimin turned his head towards Namjoon. He raised his eyebrow, "Wasting time? Partying, like you are, is a waste of time. Waste of life." Jimin jabbed his finger twice on the table, while emphasizing the last 2 words.

Kim Taehyung was silently taking note of Jimin, taking in this unexpected encounter. He was reminded of what he was capable of and didn't want to make a mess.

One of his talents was to mask his emotions, especially during times of stress. Professionalism came into effect when needed at desperate times. "You wanted an Americano right?" Taehyung spoke with a calm and collected voice. "Would you want one now, or do you want to stop by at the café tomorrow?"

"Mhmm, at least someone took note of my disappointment. You haven't changed a bit Taehyung." Jimin smirked, tilting his head as he viewed the successful and free man. Free of judgement, that's for sure. 

"Of course. You know best, that I'm attentive and a great listener..." Taehyung viewed Jimin carefully and cautiously.

----

Flashback:

"Thanks for listening man," Jimin spoke in defeat, as he finally let out the emotions he had kept to himself for a year and a half to be exact. His trip was uneventful, not being able to enjoy the short time he spent in South Korea, before going back to the USA. He wanted to visit family, friends, and most of all the orphanage.

How could it slip his mind, to not meet his cute little fangirl and friend.

He was too caught up in meeting everyone but her.  Hwang Chaerin.

How old was she anyway? 11? 12?

Jimin was waiting at security at the airport, when he got a call from Hoseok. He understood how busy Jimin was, and if he wasn't so busy himself, of course Hoseok would've reminded Jimin to say a quick hi before leaving. It was after Hoseok told Jimin that Chaerin was upset for not visiting him, his heart sank.

He had disappointed the young girl. He disappointed someone, that's all he could recall.

"I'm sure she's fine." Taehyung tried to make Jimin feel better, "I don't know how you kept in the guilt for so long."

"I don't know either...maybe from participating in the court cases and drinking bottles of beer to endure this stressful shithole I signed up for?" This shit hole, which was exhausting, shitty and satisfying all at once...was of course, law school. 

"You got a lot of rest in between. It's like you're in child mode....a kid who naps all the time."

"I don't take a nap 'all the time' the fuck?!" Jimin chuckled soon Taehyung following.