12. Jack's Pov

"I love you." Zack mumbled against my lips, kissing me possessively.

"I have to get to class. I'll see you after." I whispered out of breath, leaning back against the wall outside my classroom.

"Hey Jack!" Allison said with a flirtatious smile before walking into the classroom. I saw Zack eyes follow her with so much hatred.

"Why didn't you tell me you have class with her?" There was so much venom in his voice, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I knew he could get a little jealous from time to time, but I didn't think it was that terrifying.

"She doesn't matter." I stated. Zack seemed to just get angrier.

"She's a whore! And she likes you!" He retaliated, his jaw clenching.

"But I won't ever cheat on you!" I told him.

"How do I know?!" He shouted at me, definitely gaining the attention of a few people walking by. I couldn't believe he was being like this.

"Because I'm not you." I snapped, pushing passed him and walking into my class. All through class, my phone buzzed in my pocket and I eventually just turned it off.

After class, I kept my head down, ignoring anyone who talked to me. I just wasn't in the mood. Running into somebody really didn't help.

"Shit." The guy muttered, falling on his ass. His brown hair slightly covering his eyes. He looked up at me and his eyes got wide. "J-jack?" He stuttered. I groaned. I really wasn't in the mood. Especially to deal with Alex. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet, picking up his stuff and handing it to him before starting to walk away. His hand on my shoulder stopped me from going any further. It sent tingles through me.

"What?" I asked, still keeping my head down. The whole episode with Zack this morning really upset me.

"I know that we haven't exactly been on the best of terms, but I'm here in person now, and I was hoping we could just sort things out and be friends." He mumbled shyly, a blush tinting his cheeks. He was cute when we was nervous.

"Not now, Alex. I'm just not in a good mood." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

"Well, maybe we could get a coffee or something and talk..?" He suggested. Weirdly, the offer sounded nice. I nodded slightly.

"Alright. Come on." A genuine smile pulled at his lips and I cracked a small grin, leading him to a small cafe on campus.

"So, what's wrong?" He asked awkwardly, his hands rubbing the foam cup he was holding. I don't know why, but I told him about Zack, and what had happened this morning. I also told him that Zack cheated, but I didn't say who with, in case him and Justin were actually together.

"So, yeah.." I finished, looking down at my cup. Something flashed in his eyes. Like, guilt?

"You're really torn up about him cheating, aren't you?" Alex asked. I nodded, keeping my head low. "You really like him, huh?"

"A lot. He's been my best friend for so long, then we got together, and I was just so happy. I never thought he'd cheat on me. Then I saw him in bed with.. I just.." I felt like I wanted to cry.

"I'm so sorry Jack.." Alex whispered.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I muttered.

"Yes I do. Jack, it's my fault." My head shot up and I looked at him curiously.

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly.

"When Justin and I first got on campus, we saw you and Zack. And I just got so jealous.. I was upset and I wasn't thinking. I knew Justin and Zack used to have a thing, so I asked him to.. ruin it for you." Alex whispered, ashamed. When I didn't feel any anger, I was actually surprised with myself.