》Chapter Seventeen《

"When you're all alone, I will reach for you. When you're feeling low, I will be there too" ~Cigarettes After Sex

A/N Surprise! You can thank my late-night procrastination and the random urge to write something that isn't school-related for this update :) Might even mess around and write a chapter from Alex's POV next who knows ;) Hope you enjoy!

---

(a much needed) RECAP: 

I was about to return to the kitchen when his words stopped me in my track, "We have to talk about last night!" he shouted from the other side of the door.

Last night? He saw me? Oh shit now I really don't want to talk to him.

"There's nothing to talk about, you made your choice." I yelled back.

"What are you talking about? You're the one that disappeared on me this morning and now you don't want to talk about it?" he replied.

What? I guess we really needed to talk.

-UNEDITED-

---

I whipped the door open, the confusion evident on my face as I asked Alex what the hell he was talking about. 

"What do you mean what am I talking about? We spent the night together and I woke up this morning to an empty bed." he explained, his cheeks slightly tinted pink as he tried to avoid my gaze. 

"Are you still drunk?" was all I could manage to say. What was this man going on about? And why was he blushing- oh my God. "You thought Amber was me??!" I gasped in horror at the realization.

"Amber? Why are you bringing up Amber right now? This is about you and me and our night together." he responded not yet catching on.

"There is no you and me Alex and we DID NOT spend the night together! I came by your house last night to find you and Amber all over each other outside of your house." I explained slowly.

"You're saying I was with Amber last night and not you?" he inquired still trying to piece it together.

I nodded in affirmation. My gosh he's slow.  

"Wait you said you came by my house last night. Why?" he asked changing the subject not so subtly. 

Good question. Why was Alex the first person I went to when I found out about my dad? Not knowing the answer to this question myself, I avoided his piercing eyes and retorted "That's not important. What I want to know is why you thought I would spend the night with you and how could you mistake Amber for me!? How drunk were you last night? Did she drug you? Oh my God she drugged you didn't she-" 

My rambling was cut off by Alex's hand covering my mouth. 

"Would you shut up? Look Lexi I-" 

A loud ringing pierced through the air effectively cutting him off. Serves him right. 

I licked his hand causing him to jerk it away muttering about how weird I was. I smiled sheepishly at him before following the sound to find my phone. 

Jordan's name flashed across the screen. I was instantly reminded of last night's events from the news of my father to falling asleep in Jordan's arms. The image of him trying to scale the walls bringing a smile to my face as I answered the call. 

"Hi babe!"

"Hi" I smiled even though he couldn't see me. Alex walked into the room leaning on the wall next to me as he shamelessly eavesdropped on our conversation. I gave him a dirty look but this only made him chuckle. 

 "I had a really good time last night."

I could practically see the cheeky smile on his face as he said these words causing me to blush. 

"I'm sorry I left after you fell asleep though." 

At these words, Alex's brows shot up in surprise. I glared at him before walking away but he simply followed me.

"It's okay. I just- didn't want to be alone with my thoughts last night but you were a really good distraction." I teased. 

"Haha very funny. Seriously though, are you feeling any better?" 

By now, Alex's eyes were practically burning into the back of my skull. I think if I listen closely enough I could even hear the gears turning in his head as he tries to figure out what Jordan was talking about.

"Yes thanks for asking." was my short response. Jordan seemed to realize I didn't want to talk about it and changed the topic which I was grateful for.

"OK so to make up for disappearing last night-" he paused dramatically, "drum roll please?"

I laughed at his antics but played along anyways attempting to mimic the sound.

He burst into laughter on the other end and I swear I even heard a soft chuckle from behind me. I blushed uncontrollably but couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

"Oh Lexi you are something else." he laughed some more before finally sobering up, "Lexi Blue, I am taking you on a road trip. Just you, me and the open road baby! I'm almost at your house get ready and don't worry I'll bring you back before your mom gets home tonight." 

"Oh I don't kn-" He hung up before I could respond. Nice. Guess we're going on a road trip. Maybe this is exactly what I need. A distraction until I have to break the news to my mom. I need to not think about my father right now or the waterworks will start again.

"Lexi?" 

Shoot he's still here.

"You need to leave. Jordan is going to be here any minute now." I said as I pushed him towards the door.

"I'm not leaving until we talk about last night." he argued planting his foot firmly into the ground causing me to bump into his back. 

Ouch.

I rubbed my nose annoyed. "THERE IS NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT!" I yelled catching him off-guard. 

He rose his brows in surprise at my outburst but I wasn't finished "Look I don't know what sick game you're playing but I don't want any part of it okay? Now leave." 

"Lexi let me explain-"

"I said leave Alex." 

Before I knew what was happening he had me pressed against the wall. His soft lips pressed against mine with an urgency I could not understand. It was as though he was searching for an answer to a question only he knew. 

It amazed me the way my body responded to him. A million butterflies swarmed through me just like the first time we kissed as he held my face gently between his hands. The annoying voice inside my head reminded me that I never get this feeling with Jordan. I stood there in shock unable to move. This seemed to annoy him as he grunted in frustration muttering "Kiss me back god dammit" against my lips.

His words snapped me out of my trance as I pushed him off me. 

"What the hell Alex?!" 

"I-"

"Just get out! Leave!"

I saw a glimmer of hurt flash across his face but I must have imagined it because it was gone as quick as it came. 

"Fine." was all he said before walking away, slamming my front door on his way out. 

I stood there paralyzed. My fingers made their way to my lips. I could taste him on my lips. I could still feel his touch on my skin. It was taunting me, reminding me of the feeling I only ever experience with him. 

What is wrong with me?!