Chapter 17: Annabeth's POV

Annabeth wasn't sure whether to be mad at Percy or not. 

On one hand, he did act really mean the day before and didn't seem like himself. He hadn't had a good reaction and had generally shut her out the night before, and hadn't apologized for it yet. She also felt like maybe she really didn't know him very well at all. 

But on the other hand, he was acting much better today, in a much better mood. She had probably been wrong about not knowing him very well. And it was incredibly hard to to stay mad at him. 

But she decided to stay indifferent. 

For now, at least. 

He followed her quietly on the way to the terminal while Annabeth silently tried to make her decision. She turned around abruptly, causing Percy to pause. 

"Annabeth?" He questioned, "What's going on?" 

She hesitated. She had rehearsed the speech in her head, she was ready. 

"Well, because you were so hesitant to come with me yesterday-you can stay here. And go-do whatever. I know you didn't actually want to come, and I'm not going to force you. I'm trying to be a good girlfriend and let you take the break that you need. You don't want to help them, and that's ok if you don't want to, you don't need to. I don't need to drag you and your attitude around. So.....if you want to go, go." She took a deep breath and whirled around, not wanting to see his reaction or look when he turned and left her, all alone. 

Then, she felt a warm hand grab her arm, and she whirled around out of pure instinct.

"No." He said firmly, and then kept walking, his hand still grasping hers. 

"Wait-no?  What do you mean by 'no'?" She questioned, trying to pull her hand out of his. 

"No as in no." He said, turning around and facing her. "I'm not leaving you alone-I know you're fully capable, and even if I have other problems to face in my life, you're important to me-and if I lost you after I left, I would have blamed myself forever. I could never leave you, Annabeth, never." 

His eyes were a stormy ocean blue, staring at her intently, showing her everything he said was true. 

She had stopped trying to wrestle out of his grasp a while ago. Instead, she gripped his hand tightly and leaned onto his shoulder, taking deep breaths in and out as they continued walking to their terminal. 

"Percy?" She asked quietly. 

"Yeah?" He said, leaning downwards slightly so he could hear her. 

"Sometimes I wonder-sometimes, sometimes-how I ever ended up with a guy like you." 

And he leaned down and kissed her cheek, smiling. "You know, sometimes I wonder the same thing about you." 

And together, hand in hand, having made up again, they walked into the plane, Percy's jitters gone and Annabeth's mood lifted. 

first of all, im sorry for such a short chapter! i just didn't feel the need for a long one, it's kind of a filler, and i wanted them to make up, so this is kind of a Percabeth filled oneshot ish.  ive been busy and i have yet to write an entry for maia's prompt that i need to do-im not part of the competition but i wanna write the prompt so bad-

and omg guys? 1.2k?!?! you guys are so awesome , tysm!! ily guys so much for the amazing support on this story and how amazing you all have been about my writing. it would be crazy to think about how this story started and where it's gone to now! 

bye 👋

~naomi~