Part 5

A few days later, the police came and asked them questions about what happened, they didn't get in trouble for what happened, since they all had their provisional licenses, had acted in their own defense, and had contacted the heros and police right away.

Mina and Jirou were released from the hospital, though they still spent most of their time there anyways, checking on their friends that still remained.

Sero had been told that he would be able to use his quirk again, and that his arms would be ok, but that he would need to have them in a cast for a few months, and be kept in the hospital for a majority of that time, as the surgery they had done was risky and they had to check his arms often to make sure he was still stable and safe.

The other students of Class 1A came to visit pretty often as well, bringing smiles to those who truly needed it.

Kirishima himself though, spent most of his time in Bakugou's room, watching as he could slowly see more and more, crying when he saw the exact moment Bakugou stopped screaming and realized why he couldn't hear himself anymore, and listening to the doctors say that after further testing, Bakugou would in fact, never be able to hear again on his own, and would need glasses or contacts to see fully. They had already done the exam on his eyes while he was drugged to keep him calm.

"But why am I ok? Why is my hearing and vision fine?" He asked the doctor from his seat in Bakugou's room.

"Your quirk is hardening, correct?" The doctor asked as he glanced at a chart. Kirishima nodded. "Do your eyes harden as well?" He urged further.

"Yes sir, not as much as the rest of my body, but they do harden." He replied.

The doctor nodded once more. "Well then, your eyes have an extra shield to protect them when you closed them, and your ears- we don't exactly know why your hearing wasn't affected at all when the blast happened. Had any other pressure been placed on Bakugou's hearing throughout that day? If you can remember?" The doctor took out a pen and flipped to a page on his clipboard.

"Jirou- our friend, with the ear jack quirk, she had disoriented us while we were on the go karts ride just for fun, it wasn't painful, but it may have caused something... oh- and one of the villains, soundwave? He hit Bakugou with his quirk. Bakugou didn't even hear me call for him a few moments after that." Kirishima tried to explain it as best he could, it was the only way he could help Bakugou at this point. The doctor nodded.

"I'll add this to what we have and let the other doctors working with him know, thank you. That was really helpful. But also know, we're going to look into seeing if maybe Hearing Aids would work for him, we have been discussing it with his parents." He told him sincerely before he left the room.

The nurse that had been there when Kirishima woke up the other day entered the room with a small box in her hands. She looked at Bakugou nervously. The boy stared at the ceiling blankly. They had taken the muzzle off of him the day he realized he was deaf, and he hadn't made a sound since. He was awake, but he wasn't moving. He wasn't making a sound. It was like he'd given up.

"I... I'm scared to go near him... But I need him to put these on." She spoke as she opened the box to reveal his glasses. Kirishima stood up quickly.

"I can try. He's less likely to blow me up, and even if he doesn I have-" He hardened his arm to show her. She smiled weakly and nodded, giving him the box.

"I'll be right outside the door then." She whispered before she stepped out.

Kirishima moved towards the bed and waved a hand over where Bakugou was staring at the ceiling. The boy instantly began to thrash in his bindings and try to hit Kirishima.