④⑨

"Wha... what is.."

"Hyung, you're awake! It's all okay now, no need to worry!"

Huh...? What is happening here?

"I'm here with you and I promise I won't leave you."

Why is warmth spreading to every part of my body because you promised me this? Why is my heart beating so incredibly fast because I can feel your small hand holding mine ever so tightly? Why do I find myself never wanting to let you go because I want to be able to see that beautiful and angelic smile of yours forever? Why do I want to embrace and kiss you because I think I'm already addicted to you?

Why do I want you to like me back?

Eyes slowly fluttering open, Taehyung squinted his eyes at the bright light. Hearing an unfamiliar beeping sound next to him, the blonde realised that he was in a hospital after spotting all the different monitors and machines.

"Do you understand everything or do you want me to repeat anything?"

"No, it's okay, I understood everything, thank you."

"Good, then wait until he— Oh, looks like he's awake already."

"Hyung!"

A figure rushed towards Taehyung, grabbing his hand and sitting down on his bed.

"Are you feeling better, Taehyung?"

His eyes finally adapted to the light and Taehyung saw a worried Jungkook sitting infront of him. Not quite understanding what was going on, Taehyung just gave the brunette a confused glance.

"Mr. Kim, judging by your eyes, you don't remember what happened, so let me explain." a doctor came up to them.

"You fainted in the lockerroom of your school's swimming pool and luckily, your friend here was there in time to give you CPR and also sent for an ambulance. If he hadn't been there, you would've died from asphyxia, also known as oxygen deficiency."

Taehyung's eyes widened in shock, not being able to process what just happened.

"I just need to ask you some questions before I leave you two alone. Do you think you're able to answer them , Mr. Kim?"

"Yes..." Taehyung murmured, eyes staring blankly at the thin blanket his abdomen was tugged into.

"Can you remember in what condition you were in before you fainted?" the doctor asked, flipping through a few papers on his clipboard before fishing out a pen from his pocket.

"I... I remember having an extreme headache..." Taehyung slowly began.

"I would also get dizzy easily and at some point my consciousness began to slip."

"Alright, did you eat or drink anything that day?"

"N-no.. I skipped breakfast and I didn't drink anything either." Taehyung mumbled, clutching the younger's hand tightly.

"Has this been the first time that you fainted, Mr. Kim?"

"No... it happens at least twice a month.." he continued, head hanging low.

"Interesting, do you perhaps already know why?"

"I-It's probably because I work as a model.. I can assure you that I'm not anorexic but sometimes I do force myself to not eat anything and then fainting is usually the result..." the blonde admitted, his hand clutching Jungkook's.

"Seems like this is the cause of the problem. And I'm pretty sure you know what I'm about to say, but you shouldn't let that happen again. I certainly do not want force you to do anything you don't want but if you continue to faint that often, the lack of oxygen could cause damage to your brain or heart in a severe case and hinder their main functions, which is called hypoxemia."

Gulping slightly, Taehyung nodded, noticing that the beeping sound which displayed his heartbeat, was much faster than before. He was scared.

"Hyung, it's gonna be okay."

A thumb lovingly caressed his hand and Taehyung lifted his head, looking at Jungkook who smiled at him reassuringly.

"It won't happen if you pay more attention to not skip meals and I'm sure Namjoon-hyung, Jin-hyung and everyone else will help you aswell. No need to worry." the Maknae comforted him and Taehyung returned the smile after he had calmed down.

The doctor nodded, getting up after scribbling down something and went to the door. However, he stopped midways and turned to Jungkook.

"Mr. Jeon, I think you'd make an excellent doctor, it's never easy to calm a patient down." he smiled before exiting the room.

•••