Strand

Izuku walked into their apartment to the smell of katsudon. When he did, his emerald irises grew, and his senses sharpened.

He sniffed at the air. Humming.

He rushed into his room, and a second later, walked out in house clothes and slippers.

His feet padded silently across their hardwood floors as he walked to their kitchen.

He opened the door to see two bowls of katsudon sitting on their circular table.

He narrowed his eyes 'It's a trap,' he thought.

In a whirlwind of forest green hair and white slippers, he appeared at the table holding a pair of chopsticks. Staring hungrily at the pork cutlet bowl.

Just as he was about to dig in, the bowl slid a few inches away from him.

He looked up to see Inko's mischevious smile.

'Uh-Oh'

"Izu-dear. I know you don't like beating around the bush... So I'll get to it quickly." She paused, looking to see if he was following the conversation.

"Instead of one bowl, you get two."

Izuku waited for the catch.

"But you have to get a haircut." She said, a pleasant smile on her face.

He glanced at the bowl.

Then at Inko.

He shot another glance at the katsudon.

----------------------------------

Finally, he had succumbed to the offer.

Which was why he sat in a barber's chair a few minutes later.

His normal barber, Nishagari Sakama looked at him in suprise.

"She got ya' with the katsudon huh?" The ironically bald man guessed.

"Yeah," Izuku admitted with a mournful sigh.

"Don't worry Zu-kun." The barber assured him. "It's the first day tomorrow right?" Izuku nodded. "I'll make you look extra spiffy then."

"Izuku let out an awkward chuckle.

----------------------------------

Nigashari was done. And, to be honest... Izuku liked the way Nigashari cut his hair.

Now, the back and sides were shaved off. And all that was left was a tuft of hair on his forehead.

Izuku thanked the man as he got up from the chair. Nigashari never failed to dissapoint.

He looked at the floor. There was enough hair to make a pack of puppies.

Midoriya chuckled again.

Then the glass door to Nigashari's shop opened, and the duo turned around.

"Mina Ashido?" He blurted out. From the Quirk test. She had pretty distinct features, like the pink skin and hair(fluffy and messy, like what Izuku used to sport), the horns on her head, and her black scelera and yellow irises.

She acknowledged him with a hum and a quirk of the eyebrow. Once she got a good look at him, realization set in.

"You're that kid who broke his fingers!" She said.

Nigashari looked at him with suprise and concern in his eyes.

"Uh, yeah. I guess so." He replied.