Waiting Room

Jirou had thought and thought. And after a week of Festival Preparations, she had finally reconciled with her emotions.

    That meant she had finally grown a pair and had asked her mother for advice.

    Just like Mina, she reacted with giddy, gossipy, delight. Her ear jacks waving around in the air.

    Despite this, she gave good advice.

    It was wrong to rush in assuming this was Love. That was dumb and that would lead to hurt. Hurt her mom didn't want for her.

    So, it was just a simple physical infatuation.

    Just hormones, so to speak.

    This would pass soon enough she concluded, when here eyes found someone else.

    She rested her cheek on to her hands as she attempted to relax from the nervousness that threatened to spill over to her demeanor.

    Jirou roved her eyes around the waiting room as the others waited in similar states. Some were visibly nervous, others putting up "cool" facades like her and people like Mina who were excited and definitely not afraid to show just how much.

    Her eyes found Izuku and she internalized a nod. Just a small insignificant crush.

    ----------------------------------

    Izuku was excited and as he waited in anticipation of Aizawa-Sensei's go-ahead, he couldn't help but snap his eyes to the spot near Mina and Eijiro that had yet to be taken.

    'K--Bakugou better not be late!' Thought Izuku.

    He sighed, as he ruffled his green hair. The boy's eyes took on an unfocused sheen as if he was staring into the Void.

    In truth, Izuku was simply running through the week. All the training and designing left him satisfied but sore.

    He wasn't anymore, just thoughtful; specifically about something he had heard from his mom.

    "Spread the filling evenly throughout. No gaps."

    It wasn't anything particularly remarkable but... It--much like his Quirk--sparked something inside of him. Instead of physical lightning, however, it was an idea.

    He felt that itch plague him again. An itch to try something new. He started to smile to himself.

    'I can't believe this idea took so long.' Izuku mused.

    A cold hand clamped down on his shoulder with a soft yet authoritative tone they stated, "Midoriya."

    The aforementioned boy tried not to flinch at the temperature, but it was difficult. Izuku turned to the voice with a puzzled expression on his face.

    Shoto Todoroki fixed him with a cold and challenging look. Izuku was reluctant, but he bit. "Yes, Todoroki-San?"

    "In terms of strength, I am better than you."

    Silence. The idle chatter that had occupied the empty spaces of the 1-A waiting room ground to a halt.

    "Uh, I-I guess?" At this, Kirishima rushed in between them; his arms held out with the palms facing either teen.

    "Woah, Woah. Calm down we're not here to make enemies right?" The redhead started placatingly.

    Shoto, let go of Izuku's shoulder robotically. "We're not here to make any friends either." The duette shot back, voice frigid.

    Izuku breathed in and smiled. "See you at finals then!"

    Shoto glared silently.

    Kirishima grinned at the two forms, unsure. He went back to his seat a few moments later.

    Kyoka sidled up to Izuku soon after and simply raised a brow, Tenya and 'Chaco following soon after.

    When Asui and Momo had made it into the room and then the table where the forette had settled into, a new figure slid the door open.

    She was tall, fair, and well built. Her hands tensed on the door as her immaculate nails tapped the wood. She stepped into the room, into the silence of the crowd with her orange and black boots. One that seemed especially familiar with the class. She roved her blood-red eyes around the room as an easy and smug smile settled on her face, canines particularly prominent. Blonde hair was bunched up in an explosive bun, the red scrunchie just barely revealed.

    Izuku's face broke out in a grin as Bakugou's eyes landed on him and he greeted her with a wave.

    "Kotomi-Chan! How was it?"