Pull the Pin

Izuku rolled away from Bakugou, his hair trailing embers.

    Bakugou clenched his fists as the forette stood up. They stared at each other. Determination painted on their faces.

    For a moment, they only stared silently at each other.

    Then, all hell broke loose.

    Boom!

    Bakugou was suddenly a few inches from Izuku. Up close, the blonde looked regretful. But Izuku had to file that away for now.

     His Dangersense flared up, and a hand closed in on his chest, the palm exploding with heat.

    Izuku suppressed a scream.

    He hated burns.

    Izuku's fist snaked out instinctively.

    He made contact, and Bakugou flew back a few feet.

    The blonde staggered. Almost falling to the ground.

    When Ground Zero regained his balance, he glared at Dekiru and spoke.

    "You know how my quirk works right? Nitroglycerin sweat and all that." He paused. "So these gauntlets..." He held his forearm up, showcasing the frag grenade style bracers as they glowed red for a moment.

    Izuku realized where Bakugou was going with this. The blonde never did anything for show. So when Izuku saw the bulky bracers, he knew something was up.

    "They store my sweat! And if they made 'em right? Well, you'll see."

    In a crackle of static, All Might's voice appeared in their ears.

    "Bakugou! Do—"

    "Shut up! Izuku'll dodge it!"

    The afformentioned forette looked perplexed.

    Bakugou didn't call him by his...

    The blonde pulled on the gray lever connected to the camo green body, and a pin popped out.

    "Ya' better dodge, Izuku."

    His Dangersense gave another jolt. Snapping Izuku back to attention.

    The forette, leaped away. Right on cue, as a blast of white hot flame erupted in the space.

    Singeing his gloves as Izuku threw his hands infront of his face.

    Izuku landed on his rump, the blast knocking him farther than intended.

    As Izuku stood up he noticed the minor burns.

    'Fuck'

    Izuku clenched his fists, the stinging pain intensifying.

    He definitely needed that gauntlet destroyed!

    So Izuku decided on the offensive, running toward the blonde.

    When he got near enough, Bakugou held his right fist back. A grin on his face.

    Just as Bakugou's fist lashed out, Izuku grabbed it, and jumped. Flipping over his foe in a graceful arc.

    Bakugou's arm was dragged behind him as Izuku landed. Suprising the blonde, the forette attempted to use the capture tape provided.

    'I just need to tie part of his b—'

    An explosion erupted from Bakugou's right palm.