ten.

[13:11✧tuesday]

it was an interesting combination. eight boys sitting together during lunch with the baby boys and the heartbreakers together. it seemed like the polar opposites of the school's heartthrobs had joined forces to steal every heart out there once and for all.

as the author would say, duality at its finest.

the amount of attention they received was uncanny, but they were too occupied by their project at hand to care.

"puppy, are there any particular songs on your mind?" hyunjin asked his partner after taking a bite out of his sandwich, the pet name rolling off his tongue naturally.

ignoring his hammering heart, seungmin pursed his lips as he thought about any possible songs. he would love to do day6's songs, but their songs did not have any official choreographies. since it would be a burden for them to come up with a completely new dance, the brunet rejected the idea.

"not really. do you have any?" seungmin answered.

"i'm thinking of covering got7's songs, since i know a lot of their choreographies. maybe 'lullaby'? or 'look'?" hyunjin suggested.

"let's do lullaby, i'm more familiar with the song. you'll have to teach me the dance though," the vocal-major said with a sheepish grin.

"of course, we can start this week. when are you free? we can use one of the dance practice rooms."

"i'm usually free on all weekdays. so, any day after school works for me. but i have to return home before ten."

"don't worry puppy, i won't keep you for that long. does tomorrow after school sound okay?"

"mhm," seungmin nodded with a small smile before returning to his half-finished lunch.

as hyunjin munched on his sandwich, his eyes seemed to have a mind of their own and kept on landing on the brown-haired boy beside him. admiring the image of the cute boy stuffing his cheeks, he failed to notice the older aussie calling out for him.

suddenly, someone snapped their fingers in front of the handsome boy's face, snapping him out of his trance. hyunjin's eyes finally left the boy next to him and focused on the owner of the hand, jisung.

"chan has called your name for seven times-"

"eight, actually-"

"that's not the point."

"it kinda is, to emphasise-"

hyunjin watched jisung and chan bicker like kids across the table in amusement.

"back to my point. have you and seungmin decided on what to perform for the project? the three of us are singing 'tomorrow, today'," chan told the black-haired boy.

"we're doing 'lullaby'," seungmin, who heard chan's question, joined in the conversation.

"really? that's cool! i really want to see seungmin dance," jeongin commented with a grin.

"but i'm not that good," seungmin replied, covering his face with his sweater paws shyly.

hyunjin's heart went nct punch intro, with butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

★☆★

[ ch. best dancer fin. ]

[ 11:49 ; 6 mar 2020 ]