s e v e n

[remember, remember]

in school the next day two boys had come to congratulate me on our victory yesterday.

"honestly, they couldn't of done it without you." one grinned, leaning up against the wall beside me.

"did you learn to play in america?" i nodded to the other ones question, "i never thought ping pong could get so intense."

"ahah, well thank you for that but jerome was the star player, without him there would of been no hope." i smiled, "but i best be getting to class."

"can i at least get your number?"

"can i get your name first?" i laughed, spotting jerome and alfie at the door.

two girls had just waved at him, he was now getting attention after the match. "see alfie, my status as the new school champion has really impressed the ladies. i did not see that one coming."

"ew girl germs." alfie groaned, "yuck."

"clearly impressed the boys as well." amber adds entering the room and nodding over to me.

"thanks again." i smile to the two boys before sitting beside amber. "how's the hair situation?"

"unspeakable." she announces before turning it her book.

"so partners, it seems we are the power couples of the school." jerome grinned.

"logically, we should be dating." amber stated before shaking her head, "let's not."

jerome shakes his as well, "definitely not."

"i agree." i joined, "maybe a power trio of the school sounds better?"

"attention everybody please." my dad yelled across the room. " i would like to introduce you to, miss valentine. who will be taking over for mrs andrews."

all the boys eyes grew wide when spotting her, all but alfie's who were set on his phone in front of him.

"woah." jerome grinned, "it's like megan fox taking over for marge simpson." amber and i rolled our eyes, "i said that out loud didn't i?"

"and i will leave you in her capable hands." me sweet finished before leaving the room.

"hey." she smiled, "i feel like i know most of you already, thanks to mick."

"mick?" joy questioned.

"my last job in australia, i taught nick there, he told me so much about this place. advertised for a job and i had to reply. so how about a little ice breaker."

she got us to sit in a circle and pass a ball round, telling the names of the person the next person must pass to, starting with eddie.

"amber" he yelled passing it to jerome.

"alfie." jerome had said passing it to amber earning a yay from alfie.

"patricia." amber announced next passing it to alfie before gasping beside me. "sorry."

"fabian." alfie shouted, throwing it roughly over to patricia.

she caught the ball but didn't say a word, throwing it over to fabian she pointed over at joy. fabian caught it and yelled, "her."

"what?" joy asked softly. jerome coughed up a laugh as i hit him in the arm lightly. "joy." the girl had said, handling the ball. she threw it back before running out, patricia following her.

jerome cracked up laughing as i run out as well to find them both.

joy was leant against the pillar at the front of the school patricia stood beside her. tears streamed down her face as she asked. "when did fabian get so mean? or has he always been mean and i have never noticed." patricia shook her head. "first he forgets movie night and now this? total humiliation. i've made a fool out of myself for long enough, that crush is well and truly crushed." she wiped her tears before laughing sadly, "time to put a little more joy in my life. you're not talking much."

i stepped in, "she's got a sore throat, but i'm sure she says she's there for you always." i smiled at patricia for a moment and she smiled back. i hugged joy tightly for a moment, "honestly joy, there are people in this world that are going to drop at your feet. i'll leave you guys to it." i nod before walking back into school.

"you're such an ass fabian!" i yelled, "oh my god i'm sorry, i'm sure you didn't mean it."

eddie looked at me confused, and grabbed my wrist, dragging me out of the room. "you never apologise for calling someone an ass, especially when they were one what's wrong with you?"

"nothing, i guess i'm just becoming a better and nicer person." i smiled.

"y/n- stay here!" he yelled running into the room and brining amber, fabian and alfie back with him. "i need to call patricia."

he put us all into an empty class room and shut the door behind him. opening his phone, he browsed his contacts before the ringing began. "get down to the school, now! we are in classroom..."

"A11." amber yelled before eddie hung up the phone.

"i know what's happening." he yelled, "to all of you. i'll explain when yacker gets here."

we waited for what felt like forever before the raven haired girl walked in and eddie shuffled to lock the door behind her.

"right, so as we've all realised, patricia's been struggling to speak, fabian has been forgetting everything, amber is growing old and alfie is...well. growing young." eddie began,

"so why am i here?" i questioned, "not that i mind spending time with you all."

"because only i noticed the change in you, you've been getting nicer, too nice. kinder, and you agreed to the- thing with family." he said not wanting to out the fact eric is our father.

"senkhara came to me the other night and told me my punishment would be to punish..."

"which means what exactly?" amber questioned, her breathing becoming heavier, "why am i growing old? i cant grow old before i've grown up."

"i did it. i did it to all five of you." eddie explained, "i hexed you all."