t h i r t y

[rise of the osirian]

the moon light was shining through the top window, lighting up the room. but it wasn't the moon light. it was what seemed to be a portal.

my brothers body began walking up the spiral stairs and approached the hold of light. "eddie!" everyone yelled. but i knew it wasn't him anymore. nothing was left of him.

a large ball of light emerged from my brothers hand and aimed from patricia who was calling his name loudest but joy had already pushed her out of the way, taking the hit for her.

she fell to the ground, amber, jerome, fabian and patricia crouched round her while i felt as if i was unable to move.

"don't just stand there!" amber yelled, "so something!"

"senhkara's crown." a faint voice whispered in my ear.

"where?" i growled, my eyes flicking round the room.

"senkhara's crown." it repeated.

i ran for the wooden crate that held the mask and pulled out the forgotten rulers grown. alfie rushed into the room as i held the crown up to my brother.

"in the name of anubis i banish you!" i chanted, egyptian words i never knew fell from my mouth, as bursts of energy burst from the crown and fought against the ghost.

"osirian!" she screamed, "no!"

my brother's body fell to the floor, the crown disintegrated from my grip and the remains of senkhara floated into the air.

"you give me that-" rufus entered growing at alfie before my brother yelped in pain. we turned towards him and he sat on the top floor looking at us through the wooden banister poles. "the true mask."

rufus ran up the spiral stairs as victor entered the room and watched him closely. "no!" fabian yelled but it was too late, my brother struggled against rufus but the older man had pulled the mask from his grasp.

"rufus! no, you mustn't wear it!" my brother growled,

"let him take it." victor ordered, "and go!"

"you listen to the old man child!"

"yes, you listen to this old man eddie."

"rufus stop!" i yelled,

"prepare to bow down before me, all you mortals!" it glowed once more and a hole surrounded by flames appeared on the floor. senkhara's spirit was sucked back down and into rufus's body. he struggled against her before the two plummeted into the centre and the hole closed, leaving only the mask of anubis and the frobisher gem.

"joy! joy!" patricia yelled, "i cant find a pulse!"

"stand back." victor pushed through and knelt beside her. "it's there but it's very faint, what happened?" no one answered, "what happened!?"

"she save me from the bolt eddie threw at me!" patricia yelled, tears in her eyes.

the mask in the middle began to glow, revealing it still held a teardrop of gold. i picked it up carefully and brought it over to her. "look!"

"tears of gold." victor muttered, "the last one."

"it's an ingredient for an elixir isn't it?"

"yes." victor's voice was quiet, "give it to me."

i did as told and gave him the mask holding the liquid gold. he took it and knelt back down, pouring it into joy's mouth.

the colour in her face came back and she coughed loudly, fabian held her up sweetly as she opened her eyes.

"what happened?" she questioned, we all cheered with joy.

"your stupid heroics that's what happened." patricia joked, smiling knowing her friend was alive.

"is she really gone?" eddie asked.

"yep." fabian nodded, lifting up his shirt to reveal his mark had disappeared.

i checked my thigh and jerome chuckled, "never gets old, am i right?"

"i guess not."

"how did you know what to do?" alfie asked me,

"those whispers, they just told me and i did what they said. someone was telling me from inside my own head." i shrugged, "pretty cool though."

"we better get going." fabian said, pulling joy to her feel, "before people start asking where we are."

"you guys go ahead, i'll meet you there." my brother smiled, we nodded, leaving and heading back home.

when we reached the house music blasted and the sounds of voices could be heard from outside. i pushed the door open revealing the house was having a party for some reason.

i linked my arm in jerome's before we entered the house, mara rushed over. "where have you two been, they expected you both at that hearing today."

"i know." jerome sighed, "i tried calling poppy but it would go through, i couldn't make it."

"what we're you-"

"he managed to get this." i pulled the frobisher gem out of my pocket, "from you know who, hopefully this will make up for what happened."

he stared down at me in disbelief, "thank you." he placed a kiss on my head, "seriously, but i'm not so sure."

"is that what i think it is?" mara asked, staring at the gem,

"you bet." i grinned, "that what he-"

"we were doing the whole time." he cut me, "let's just hope-"

mara smiled at something behind us and the two of us turned to see poppy joined by her dad. that's what the party was for.

"dad?" jerome whimpered.

"we did it." poppy said excitedly, hugging her brother. before jerome jumped to hug his dad tightly.

"i'm so sorry we couldn't make it we-"

"hey." his dad stopped him, "none of that matters now."

poppy stepped in to join the hug and jerome then went to thank mara who was now stood with mick.

"thank you, mara. i couldn't of done this without you." he gave her a friendly hug, before stepping back to me. "and y/n." the emotion in his face was clear. "would you please, please, go out with me."

i smiled up at him, about to tease him, "i think i might have to-" his kissed me, in front of everyone. i smiled against his lips when i heard his sister whisper to his dad.

"i told you."

"no." his dad protested, "poppy i told you."

i pulled away and looked him in the eyes, "yes."