xxx. ✓

𝒙𝒙𝒙.

Present day

The room fell into a heavy silence as Lee Chan's confession hung in the air like a veil of secrets. His tear-stained face trembled with guilt and fear as he finally mustered the courage to speak up.

"I-I'm so sorry!" Chan's voice quivered, his gaze fixed on the floor, unable to meet the eyes of his hyungs. "I made a mistake... I screwed up... I'm sorry!"

The shock and confusion rippled through the room, palpable in the tense atmosphere. Wonwoo, ever composed, snapped back to his senses and extended a comforting hand toward Chan, his voice gentle and soothing.

"Chan, it's going to be okay. You can tell us what happened. We're here for you," Wonwoo reassured, his kind eyes filled with understanding.

Seungkwan, his heart brimming with empathy, joined in, offering his support with a warm smile. He approached Chan and enveloped him in a comforting embrace, conveying through his actions that he was not alone.

Through sobs and choked breaths, Chan gradually began to recount the truth.

"J-Jihoon hyung... You guys didn't do it. Y-You two didn't sleep together that night," Chan revealed, his voice trembling with emotion. "I... I saw what happened. I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I was just scared."

Chan's words hung in the air, the weight of their implications sinking in. Jihoon, with a mix of disbelief and hope, turned his gaze to Chan, desperately seeking confirmation.

Marku, with a nod of affirmation, provided the validation Jihoon needed. The relief that washed over Jihoon was palpable, as if a heavy burden had been lifted from his shoulders.

Seungcheol, who had kept his head hung low, finally mustered the courage to speak. "Chan... Why didn't you say anything to us?" His voice held a mix of hurt and confusion.

Chan took a moment to compose himself, wiping away his tears before answering. "I tried, but I was too late. You... You slept with Rose, didn't you, Seungcheol hyung?"

The room fell into a stunned silence as the truth sank in. Jihoon's eyes widened in disbelief, his gaze darting between Seungcheol and Marku, searching for answers and understanding.

"When?" a new voice chimed in, breaking the silence. All eyes turned to the bed where Joohyun lay, her eyes fixed sharply on Seungcheol. She was awake and had been silently listening to the revelations.

Rushing to her side, I assisted Joohyun, concern etched on their my. "Are you okay?" I asked softly.

Joohyun nodded, slowly rising from the bed, determined to confront the truth. Her eyes pierced through Seungcheol as she questioned him again, her voice holding an edge of urgency. "When did you two sleep together?"

Seungcheol gulped, feeling the weight of her gaze upon him. "A week after the Springfest," he confessed, his voice heavy with regret.

Joohyun shifted her gaze to Mingyu. "Mingyu, when did you confirm that the females of your clan are pregnant?"

Mingyu, caught off guard by the sudden attention, flinched but managed to answer Joohyun's inquiry. "Just a few days before the Bloody Harvest ended," he revealed, his voice tinged with unease.

Joohyun's gaze shifted to Marku, her expression demanding answers. "Tell them," she commanded, her tone firm and resolute.

All eyes turned back to the first High King, anticipation and confusion filling the room. Marku took a deep breath, his eyes locking with Seungcheol's, before he began to speak, his voice filled with a mix of exhaustion and honesty.

"The females of our clan were able to conceive because your union broke the curse," Marku explained, his words hanging in the air, catching everyone off guard once more. Gasps echoed through the room as the magnitude of his revelation settled upon them.

Seungcheol, unable to comprehend the gravity of the situation, protested, his voice laced with confusion and frustration. "Wait, that doesn't make sense! How could our union break the curse?"

Marku sighed wearily, wearied by Seungcheol's outburst but determined to enlighten them. "Your union was the catalyst that lifted the curse. The blessing can only be fully activated when you two unite, even if pregnancy doesn't occur. But it seems that the curse wasn't completely lifted, and I don't know why. It appears you were unaware of the truth about the exile. It's time I reveal everything."

As Marku's words settled, the room braced itself for yet another revelation, the pieces of the puzzle slowly falling into place, but uncertainty and a sense of urgency filled the air. The truth had finally begun to emerge, unraveling the intricate web of secrets that had plagued them all.

***

I'M VERY SORRY FOR THE SHITTY + LATE UPDATE!

I TRIED MY BEST, I REALLY HOPE THIS SATISFY YOU :)

WE'RE SLOWLY GETTING THERE EVERYONE!

PLS DO LEAVE LOTS OF COMMENTS I WANNA READ YOUR THOUGHTS 😭😭😭