idol au (sort of)

you can find this book at my AO3 acc (just look for kermitbreadv4x)

--

"Ahh... I didn't have a single successful pull today..." Nene groaned and lowered her phone to her lap. "I thought for sure I'd get him this time..."

"Still no luck with your idol game?" Aoi leaned over her own desk to look at Nene's screen. "You've got some good pulls though. See, you got a super rare!"

"I've been collecting so many stars for a long time... for it to come to another disappointment!! Ugh!"

Aoi patted on her best friend's shoulder as she went down on her desk and covered her face with her arms. "You really want that unit, huh?"

"Mmhm."

For the past month, Nene had been idly playing a popular male idol-raising game ever since she heard someone from another class talk about it. Being a fan of those kinds of games, it wasn't hard to imagine she didn't dive in straight away.

It had also been her luck that the game itself was an official product of a popular boy's idol group, Galaxy Chasers. No doubt about it Nene was hooked towards their good looks and amazing songs, as she would put it from time to time.

Especially since she had her eyes on a certain member of the group.

"Oh, that's right, Nene-chan! I heard there's a new classmate joining us today!" Aoi interrupted her moping. Nene lifted her head up. She wasn't exactly interested, but she didn't want to look rude towards her best friend.

"A new classmate?"

"Alright class, settle down now!" Their class adviser had finally entered the room, motioning the students to quiet down. All of them returned to their seats, bringing their full attention to the teacher.

"So as a lot of you might know, you'll be having a new classmate coming to this class this year. Some of you might recognize him, but please remember to treat him just as you would with your fellow classmates."

"Recognize him? We haven't even seen him yet, how strange..." Nene whispered to Aoi.

"With that being said, please enter the classroom." The teacher called out to someone outside by the door. Almost immediately, a boy walked inside, taking confident strides.

Nene could have sworn her heart had stopped for a moment.

What... WHAT?!!

She knew she couldn't mistake that choppy black hair and golden eyes. And specifically, that almost smug looking smile of his.

"I'm Amane Yugi. Nice to meet you." He spoke, as if not really noticing the starstruck aura the entire class emitted.

Aoi tugged on Nene's uniform sleeve and whispered, "Hey, Nene-chan, isn't he the idol boy you wanted to get in your game?"

Nene could only nod. "Y-yeah... Don't tell me he's our new classmate?"

"He is! He's a part of Galaxy Chasers, right? The lead singer!" Aoi excitedly piped, her whispering close to become full fledged squealing.