i accidentally made a different version of the little mermaid arc

first time drawing nene fish go easy on me ;w;

full of cheese. lots, and lots of cheese. enter at your own risk

--

It was just her luck that it started raining today. While the other students were now exiting the school with their umbrellas, Nene remained by the classroom, sighing tiredly to herself.

"Geez, after all my preparation, I still left my umbrella at home." She grumbled under her breath. It wouldn't do good for her to suddenly transform into a fish trying to get home. And in front of people, too!

"Hm? Aren't you going home, Yashiro?" Hanako appeared in front of her, hovering just a bit higher up next to her desk.

"Don't scare me like that! And how am I supposed to go home? I don't have my umbrella. And I don't wanna risk going out cuz I'll turn into a fish."

"Too bad. But don't worry! I'll keep you company while you wait for the rain to go away!" The ghost boy seemed a little too happy about this, she could tell.

Nene sighed. Oh well, at least I won't be alone here. Sure beats getting soaked and turning into a fish.

"Won't this be fun?" Hanako put both hands on her shoulders, pushing her towards the girl's bathroom.

"Eh? Hey, Hanako-kun! I didn't mean cleaning the toilets! That's the opposite of fun!" Nene tried to fight against his hold, but it was useless trying to anyway. They had already arrived at the girl's toilet.

"I told you, Hanako-kun, I don't wanna clean the toilets again..."

"But it's fun, you know!" He put on an innocent face, holding the mop in his hand already. At the sight of her irked expression he threw his head back, laughing.

"I'm kidding! At least I can give you a distraction while waiting for the rain to stop."

"I've cleaned the toilets already, I don't wanna have to repeat that again, today of all days!" Nene pouted. What did he think he was doing? Suddenly becoming a fish in front of a crowd wasn't as bad as toilet duty.

He suddenly hovered in front of her, his face dangerously close to hers. She held back a little noise when his hands grasped hers.

Wait... He's not going to... "Hanako-kun—"

"You know, Yashiro..." She couldn't resist closing her eyes shut when he went closer, and she everything became quiet, save for the sound of her erratic heartbeat.

Is this it? My first kiss? He's not even my type, but...

"Gotta make the floors squeaky clean!" He dropped the mop into her palm and backed away, grinning. "Did you expect something dirty, Yashiro? Aren't you such a perverted radish!"

Her gaze went to the mop, then at the ghost, then on the floor. At any normal circumstance, she would just berate him and send a headbutt at his way, but for some reason...

What's the deal with the hurt she was feeling in her chest? This was Hanako, for crying out loud. She should have expected him to mislead her like this.

But she couldn't help but hope that he at least felt the same way she did.

That's right. Yashiro Nene had feelings for No. 7 of the school mysteries.

Too bad it didn't seem like he felt the same way. She should have known. No one would like her, much less her legs anyway. He only liked to tease her for having them.

Why did I have to fall for such an idiot ghost? Why, why, why?!

Hanako noticed her silence and looked back at her still standing there, clutching on the mop tightly. She was slightly shaking, which worried him.