idol au, but different

Please note this book gets updated more later than the AO3 one so if you want more earlier access, go there!

--

The whole concert hall was packed to the brim with people, waving glowsticks around. The stage was empty, save for a few staff members still busily adjusting the set while the audience waited for the event to start.

Nene and Aoi had made their way to the front, holding onto the metal fences (idk what they're called). "Aren't you excited, Nene-chan?"

"I am! I can't wait!" The radish haired girl waved her yellow and red glowsticks, a bounce in her step. This was the day. She had waited for the day she would be able to get to this point.

Her favorite boy's idol group, Galaxy Chasers, was going to perform right in stage in her home town, something she had been waiting for a long time. Sure, she had seen them through TV or videos online, but this was the first time she was going to be seeing them in real life.

There was the two Minamoto brothers, Teru and Kou. Teru was more of the charming type while Kou provided the cool aura type. Alongside them, was the ever kind type Akane Aoi, and the leader of them all, Amane Yugi.

Amane was quite the mystery compared to the other members. Being shorter than all of them, and the more childish looking, his aura screamed "troublemaker" at first glance. He always seemed to wear that smug, feral looking smile, eyes filled with hidden mirth.

Nene knew better. After all, he was a childhood friend of hers.

Before he became an idol, he was the weird kid back in their younger days. Nene was the only one who had actually considered him as a friend, someone who supported him in his exploits. Even if they lead the both of them to trouble sometimes.

"Hey, Yashiro, when I grow up, I'll go up and reach the stars!" Was the saying he always told her.

"Sure! I'll support you all the way!" She would always reply without fail.

Right when their highschool years came, they unfortunately parted ways, Amane having to move with his family to a new place. Of course, before that, he had promised to meet with her again, sooner or later.

They haven't seen each other since then.

So when she had heard a long time ago that Amane had become an idol and part of the group she admired, she found this as an opportunity.

She just hoped he would remember her.

The whole hall darkened, signalling the start of the performance. A lot of girl's shrieks were already filling the whole place, and the glowsticks lightened up the darkness a little.

"It's starting! It's starting!" Aoi turned to the stage in front. Nene waited with anticipation, not helping but feel a nervous.

Will he recognize me? Will he see me here?

The automated backdrop opened, and the spotlights shone right down. Four figures stood within the flash of colors, and the fans' cheer were getting louder.

"Minamoto-kun!! You both are so cool!!"

"You look so majestic, Aoi-kun!!"