zombie au 2: electric boogaloo

this oneshot's a Wattpad only fic! The AO3 one won't have this bc reasons I prefer not to say

head empty, no thoughts, just white noise

but kermit, where's the magical girl au part two? idk go ask ur mom (jk jk my mood for writing hasn't come out lately sorry)

this is more like a semi crackfic more than anything tho. emphasis on semi

--

How many months had it been since that fateful day? Surely a lot. Okay, so it had been a year and a half. That long, huh?

Throughout the massive outbreak of the living dead, life in the walls proved to be surprisingly peaceful.

"Nene-chan! Good morning!"

"Good morning, Aoi!"

The blue haired girl grinned and took her place beside her best friend, walking side by side. "How's life with the Yugi twins, Nene-chan?"

"A little hectic, but fun." Nene replied. That's right, she was now living with the twins and their elder sister. Sakura was a bit intimidating at first, but they had grown to be quite the best of friends.

"Of course, I think you're having the time of your life with your zombie boyfriend~"

Nene's face grew aflame and she frantically shook her head. "W-well—"

"Hey! Senpai!" From afar, Kou waved to the girls, holding something in his hand. He was standing in a wide space, which served as a makeshift park for the survivors.

Hey, they needed a place to lay loose, alright?

"Good morning, Kou-kun! What's up?" Nene and Aoi walked up to the boy, and saw him holding a red frisbee.

"Just wanted to play a round of frisbee. Wanna join?"

"Sure! I wanna play!" Nene nodded. Aoi waved her hand around in front.

"I'll pass. But I'll be here to watch!"

"Whatcha doing?" Amane's teasing voice came followed with arms wrapping around Nene. She rolled her eyes and leaned into his embrace.

"We're gonna play some frisbee. You wanna join us, Amane-kun?"

Amane pondered a bit. "Why not? Its been a while since I played frisbee."

Kou grinned brightly. "You gotta make sure your limbs don't snap off then, Amane!"

"Haha, very funny."

--

Tsuchigomori sat across the front of the porch of his home, watching the teens play from afar. He saw Amane running to catch the frisbee Kou had tossed in the air, jumping up and grabbing hold of the disc almost perfectly.

"Nice catch, Amane-kun!"

"It ain't over yet, Amane!"

A ghost of a smile left his lips. For the few years he had known Amane he had rarely seen him be this happy, let alone even feel like it when he turned into a zombie.

He sighed, taking his pipe off his lab coat pocket and lighting it up. Barely had he put it in his mouth when a voice spoke from behind him.

"Those kids look like they're having a good time."

He huffed, rolling his eyes as Yako walked up to his side, hands on her hips as both of them watched the sight before them.

"Don't they always?"