i got some good shit right here

i owe you guys hananene from the bullshit that was tsukanene the last time lmao

spoiler warning for the study camp arc, obviously. go catch up with the manga before coming here lmao

--

Knock, knock, knock.

She clasped both her hands together, close to her chest, her eyes closing. Her voice came out in a timid, wavering echo throughout the empty bathroom.

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san, are you there?"

Silence filled the bathroom, however it was broken by the sound of the stall door opening with a loud creak, ever so slowly, making her flinch.

However, inside, there was nothing but the toilet innocently sitting there.

She breathed a sigh of relief, a small smile on her face. "Oh... it was just my imagination." It was foolish of her to think that the silly rumor about a bathroom ghost was real!

The hand placing itself on her shoulder proved her wrong though.

And that voice that playfully sing-songed right afterwards.

"I'm here~"

...

How did it come to such disaster? Nene couldn't even tell anymore.

But now wasn't really the time to think about that, because she was currently being held at peril's way, surrounded by the masked villagers and being pointed sharp-ended bamboo weapons at her.

Luck was definitely not on her side today, as one of the villagers had unfortunately taken her captive, grabbing her wrist and yanking her forward.

Never had she felt so much dread in one sitting. Her heart pounded so fast, fear practically making her immobilized on the ground.

"Stop... let go..." She protested, trying to pull her wrist away from her captor, but their grip was really tight, making escape impossible.

The tears started to fall. Well, at this situation, it seemed like there was no one to help her this time, but...

"No...!"

Without even thinking, she shut her eyes, shouting with all her might,

"Hanako-kun!!"

Everything happened so fast. The mask was lifted up, revealing those golden eyes she had learned to adore in the span of a long time, and that wide smile.

Their foreheads touched, and their hands intertwined, as Nene could only stare with pure shock, yet it was soon replaced with relief as soon as he uttered those words.

"I'm here~!"

Was that deja vu? Or something else entirely?

Time seemed to move so slow for some reason. She didn't even have the time to react properly, just timidly muttering his name. "H-Hanako-kun...!"

She found herself wrapped around his arms, pulling her against his chest. He held her close, as if at any moment, she would slip away from him for good.

"Sorry I'm late." He whispered, and Nene could only nod on his shoulder, just glad he was there. He always was.

She didn't know why, but her mind went back to what Sumire had asked her the night before.

"Perhaps... Is Gon your lover?"

Was he really? Sure, he didn't really seem like the ideal type, he was a mess most of the time. A perv, and wouldn't take her seriously at all.

But she knew none of it bothered her anymore.

She already knew the answer. It was just right under her nose the entire time.

He let out a small laugh, before ultimately removing the disguise he had on, keeping her close to him as he took out his knife, prepared to fight anyone who would do her harm.

"The wedding is cancelled." he announced, that smile never leaving his face.

"There's no way I'd let some nobody... marry my assistant now, right?"

--

achk I wasn't really meaning to actually post this cuz I'm actually kinda embarrassed but... look where that lead me :")