Chapter Twenty-Three- So Many Shocks

TWENTY THREE IS A VERY SPECIAL NUMBER :D

DO YOU KNOW WHY???

BECAUSE THREE YEAR OLDS PRONOUNCE IT WRONG

still got writer's block...
_______________________________________

Zalgo must have realized it to because he said, "Oh and Angora, I prefer you to just draw him while you're here."

"Won't they wonder where I am? I just leave, come back, then leave again. They will know something's wrong. Actually, Jeff knows already, and I think Slenderman has an-"

Zalgo glared at her, and she shut her mouth looking terrified. "I will deal with them, Angora. You can go start your project tonight in the basement, and the Rake will guard the door. If you get out, I won't cease to cause you and anyone you love pain. Stop talking and just obey," he said and pointed down the stairs.

"But the lab's down there, and I'm-"

He stomped his foot, and she yelled, "Yes sir!" then ran off looking terrified, and I realized how trapped she was. She got stuck in this mess without a choice, and I wondered how this would end for her, or if this would be the end for all of us. Everyone would simply obey Zalgo.

I sighed knowing I needed to tell Slenderman, but then it occured to me...

How would I get out?

+++

I ran into the mansion and then realized I hadn't been gone long. The house was just as quiet as when I left, and I could practically imagine Angora drawing. I knew that I needed to hurry up, and I ran into Slenderman's office.

"Something's wrong with Angora," I said, and I was met with his usual calm state.

"I guessed."

"But she's corrupting everyone. I mean she already did except for me, and well, she's about to corrupt me, and we need to help her! I mean, yeah, I'm worried about her, but once she corrupts me, Zalgo will do something and also... Are you listening to me?"

He nodded, and I didn't know whether I should continue talking or not. It really bothered me because I knew he was perfectly fine, but why was he so calm? Didn't he care about her to?

"Zalgo won't get rid of her, and really, I can't help her because I would end up being seen right when I go into Zalgo's lair. You on the under hand can, and really, I don't know if you can save her either..."

"And what does that mean?" I snapped.

"You aren't getting it, are you? I treated Angora like a daughter, but I can tell you don't think I care about her. I want to save her, but I don't want her hurt in the process, and the only way to save her is to hurt her, Benjamin!"

I stared at him feeling speechless, and he sighed. "Angora is an immortal creature, and if you kill her, she'll simply adapt to something new like the horns, the claws and fangs... I don't know how she got the golden eyes, but the only way to help her is to kill her. This is simply because she's in trouble, and her mind will adapt to the new danger...

"Since she's under Zalgo's control, she will simply break out of it. She won't be immune to being under mind control. Well, she might be temporarily, but what I'm saying is... You'll have to kill her! Just... I don't know. I don't want it to cause her pain, but that seems like the only way to kill her...

"She will come back to life with a new physical trait, but the bad thing is, we'll have no idea what the new physical trait is or if it'll involve her killing everyone off... I really can't find anything about her species, so killing her doesn't seem like a good idea, but honestly, it's the only way for her to get out of it..."

Slenderman stopped talking, and I watched as he went back to his solemn behaviour. He picked up another book, and I walked out knowing he wouldn't say anymore. I didn't know if I wanted him to either.

I couldn't kill her though, and even if I did, she may not trust me anymore. I sighed and wondered how I would get to her. Was she even okay, and I knew that she probably could let some uncorrupted parts of her help her now, but sooner or later she wouldn't care. No matter how much it hurt the uncorrupted part, she'd continue to cause pain to everyone. She'd never stop until Zalgo locked her up and let her out when she was needed again.

I sighed wondering if I'd ever see her again. And, how would I get to her? I couldn't go down the lake again, not without anyone's help anyway. I didn't want to go near the water. I could get Eyeless Jack's help. Definitely since she corrupted him... That was how she had won that chess match so easily... Why'd that take me so long to figure out?

"EJ!"

+++

"You promise you're not going to scream when you go down," EJ said sounding like he was in pain. I suppose he was since he was corrupted. It seemed like their was more black liquid coming out of his eyes... A lot more than usual anyway.

"Yeah... Well, no. Just-" I was cuttoff when he pushed me into the water, and I wanted to murder him. I hadn't been ready yet! I did say I might scream, but did he have to push me in like that.

I did waited like I had done last time. It was so endless, and I finally felt the ground beneath me, I felt dizzy. I stood up and walked around, and then I heard a familiar voice. Yet, it sounded so different, and so corrupted. 

"Hello Ben."

I turned around and gasped when I saw her.

This could not be her...

She smiled sinisterly and whispered, "Quite shocking, isn't it?"

Then, it struck me that it was her.

And, you could not believe what she looked like...
________________________________________

Fillers! Fillers! Fillers!

Oh these terrible fillers.

They always come right before the action though, so just wait...