Chapter 1- My Arranged Marriage

Nishtha's POV

Nishtha's POV

It was my wedding day today, a day that should technically be the best day of my life but it was actually the worst. I was marrying a person whom I was the least interested in, that rude, arrogant bastard Paras Singhania. 

How did I end up like this? Well let's go to the flashback.

Flashback

It had been just a month since my and Akshay's break up. We were so in love but we had to break up because his parents apparently blackmailed him into marrying a girl whom he did not even know. 

His parents knew that he was dating me, they knew all along. They even asked him to break up with me but he didn't agree. In the end he had to cave because he didn't want to lose the company and I supported his decision.

I was heartbroken at first but I probably needed someone for whom I myself would be ready to sacrifice my company , my life, my everything and he would be willing to do the same.

Now that I was single, my parents thought it was the perfect opportunity to drop this bomb called 'marriage with Paras Singhania' on me. 

That day when I came home after work. My mom greeted me with an extra excited smile which was really strange because she never even actually spared me a glance when I came home from work. 

"Nishtha, you're getting married dear." My dad said as I entered the living room. Wow, the first thought anyone would have after listening to such a sentence would be that it must be 1st April. But it wasn't .

"No I'm not." I said , still thinking that he was joking. 

"Yes you are Nishu." My mom said. Nishu? Wow this sweetness was beyond my tolerance. 

"Excuse me guys, what are you even talking about?" I said.

"Your grandfather's last wish was that you should marry the heir of Singhania and Co, Paras Singhania as your grandfather and his grandfather were best friends." My dad said excitedly.

"What on the earth papa??? I don't want to marry right now." I said furiously.

"Nishu, we've taught you better than this!  You are really lucky that you are going to marry such a handsome and rich guy who belongs to such a reputed family." My mom shouted.

"His family might be reputed but he has got a really bad reputation." I said sarcastically. Yupp his reputation was REALLY bad. Dating a new girl everyday, yeah that's an exaggeration. But every month is also too much !

"Nishu, media fakes all of that and you know it very well. He is a really nice guy and his family is very nice. I have met them in person." My dad tried to reason with me. Nice guy? Had he ever even met him ? Well I hadn't met him ever either.