Chapter- 22 The Bomb

Unedited

Unedited

2 weeks later

Nishtha's pov

It was the announcement day! I was quite excited. I was so excited that I was continuously throwing up since morning.

"Nishtha you aren't well! We need to go to see the doctor!" Paras said. He looked really concerned.

"Yeah, I will. You go to the venue and check the arrangements. FAST!" I said. Both of us were panicking as it was probably the most important day of our lives. Paras nodded while doing something on his phone.

"Baby, I have booked your appointment with Dr. Batra. You have to see her after an hour. The driver will take you. Take care ok?" He said and I nodded. Then he left after kissing me on the cheek.

Damn, this day had to be perfect, and here I was, sick and tired due to all the vomiting. I somehow dragged myself near the wardrobe. I changed into some clean clothes. Tied my hair in a neat ponytail and then left to see the doctor.

The doctor did a check up. But she wasn't saying anything.

"Is there something wrong doctor?" I asked.

"Mrs. Singhania, congratulations, you're going to be a mother!" She suddenly said. WHAT THE FUCK????!!! I was shocked and I froze on my spot. The look on my face must have been like I just saw a ghost.

"Are you okay dear?" She asked holding my hand.

"No no no, this wasn't supposed to happen... not today... Oh my god! Damn it!" I said.

"Dear, there's nothing wrong in it." She said.

"Dr. we used protection! How can this happen?" I said while panicking.

"Mrs. Singhania, protection doesn't work many a times. There's just 97% chance that a condom would avoid pregnancy." She explained. I couldn't think straight.

"This isn't right..." I said and barged out of the clinic. My head was spinning. I somehow managed to sit in the car.

"Are you alright ma'am?" The driver asked and I just nodded. I was too shocked to even speak a single word. I wasn't ready to be a mother. Usually, a pregnancy news is supposed to make a woman very happy. But this was totally unplanned.

I reached home. The house was empty as Paras had gone to the venue to see the arrangements. I was feeling really weak due to all the vomiting. I just ate a paratha and drank some glucose. Then I went to sleep.

"Nishu, baby wake up. We need to get ready." I heard Paras's voice. I just moved a bit. I was feeling better now. I looked at the clock, it was 5:30 p.m. already and the party was going to start at 7:30 pm. I had to go to the parlour.

I woke up and tied my hair. 

"Paras, we need to talk." I somehow managed to say.

"Babe can it wait please. I have to leave now for the venue.The driver will take you to the parlour and from there you have to directly come to the venue." He said and I nodded.