Chapter-2 The Wedding Night

Nishtha's POV

Nishtha's POV

That stupid wedding was finally over and it was the time for bidaai (bride's send off). Everyone was crying, my parents were crying, my cousins were crying. But my distant relatives were also crying and some of the in-laws were also crying. 

"Hello people!!! I'm alive!!" I said to myself, I really wanted to say that aloud but I didn't want any more drama. 

"Look at the bride, how insensitive, she isn't even shedding a single tear." I an aunty mutter but just one glare from me was enough to shut them up. These people seemed to have come straight from a hindi serial. 

I glanced at that bastard... oh sorry ... my not so dearest husband to see what he was up to. He was just spacing out. Oh God! If the circumstances weren't like that and I wasn't Nishtha Oberoi then I would totally be swooning over him. That jawline... damn! We would make a great couple, same background, same FATE, note the sarcasm. 

Everyone hugged me and my brother was the last one to hug me. "I know nothing bad would happen but if he tries to do something then remember, use all your Karate moves without thinking about the circumstances." Nikhil bhai muttered in my ear which made me chuckle.

We then sat in the car and that Paras didn't even open the door for me, what a moron. Chivalry is dead I guess. Not that I always need anyone to open the car door for me because I'm not always wearing this as heavy as a big rock lehenga. 

I sat in the car and he didn't even glance at me once. Such an arrogant jerk. I mean, yeah... he must have been forced to marry me too but so was I, technically. It's not like I was dying to marry this Indian Tom Cruise. Okay Nishtha stop with the metaphors and allusions. 

The ride was silent. But suddenly his phone rang.

"Yeah Mr. Naik... No no, don't say sorry ... Anyways, it was a tiring wedding... Yeah I'll be there tomorrow." Dude it was your OWN wedding. How rude of him. 

We then finally parked the car at the Singhanias' house... sorry... MANSION! Oh my god! I was also rich and all but this was a freaking palace!!! Who lived there... Elizabeth? No but seriously, I prefer small houses that I can manage alone too. 

I was having trouble in getting off the car due to that undesirably heavy lehenga and I couldn't even expect or ask for any help from Mr. rude. Then the Singhania cousins came to help me.

I did all the rituals, honestly... I was getting really bored... if I was performing these rituals with some I loved or at least liked, then I would have been as excited as ever, but unfortunately, I was not. 

"Time for the ring finding ceremony!!!!" My mother in law exclaimed. What !!!! No !!! I was done for the day man! I needed to sleep and I was in no mood of tolerating our hands touching in that small bowl full of milk. They say that whosoever wins in this ceremony gets to be the leading half of the marriage, and he won he would obviously get wrong ideas.