Chapter- 33 Wet Kisses (Last chapter)

Unedited

Unedited

Nishtha's Pov

And then, I heard a gunshot.

Any sane person would think that I was shot by Anahita or the police came to save the day. I thought so too, one moment I thought I was dead but the next moment I opened my eyes to find Anahita lying dead on the floor.

My mouth hung open. I lifted my gaze hoping to see a police officer but I saw a not so familiar face instead. Wait! That face WAS familiar ! Holy crap ! It was Vineet Verma.

"You deserved this bitch!" He shouted looking at the dead body. He looked muddy and wounded, no wonder that police had done third degree torture with him.

It was a horrible sight. Someone was just shot dead in front of me. His eyes looked boiling red. The situation was too scary. I guess I was trembling because even my karate wasn't helping me right now because I was drugged, tired, hungry and not in the right state of mind.

"Now it's your turn love birds." He said looking at me with a crooked smile. I shut my eyes really tight once again. Paras didn't move even a bit. 

But just then the police came running and held his hands. So many near death experiences in a single day!

I was happy but I was too tired to express it. I could barely keep my eyes open. It was obvious that I had been given a high dose of sedatives. Other officers rushed to us and opened our hands.

I looked at my wrists, they were bruised because of the rope that was tied around them. I looked at Paras, he was covered with sweat and he wasn't even lifting his eyes from the floor.  

We were escorted to the ambulance. My first aid was being done in an ambulance and Paras's first aid was being done in the other ambulance which was in front of me. There were just so many band aids. 

After that we were taken to the police station. I and Paras were seated in the backseat of the same police car but none of us spoke a word. I was stealing glances at him every now and then but he kept looking out of the window.  

We reached the police station. I was asked to come in for inquiry first. There was a female officer sitting there to question me. I went inside and took my seat.

"Mrs. Singhania, I know you are not in the condition right now. But you need to tell me what exactly happened with you guys." The officer said in a professional tone.

"Well, we were having a conference at my office that is Oberoi Enterprises. Suddenly the fire alarm blared and everyone rushed out of the conference room. Some men came to escort us saying that they were bodyguards. But they started taking me and Paras to the garage side instead of the building exit." She was noting the things which I was saying.

"We all got into a fight. Paras got beaten up really bad even though we put up a good fight. And I was made unconscious by chloroform. Then I woke up at I don't know where, a dirty room. Paras came back to consciousness too, We somehow removed the handkerchiefs from our mouths. She came inside and saw what we had done. She was about to shoot me but then Vineet shot her." I continued and she continued to note down.