Chapter - 4 Mr. Rude

Nishtha's pov

Nishtha's pov

I slept for I don't know how many hours because when I woke up it was evening already and I was damn hungry.

I mentally decided to join the office from the next day itself because I was a workaholic and I couldn't live without working.

I went out of the room and started making Maggi as I was too lazy to cook anything else that evening.

But the sight I saw really surprised me. That Guddu guy was actually cooking !!!! And the smell of the food was damn good, like it was coming straight from the kitchen of a 5-star hotel.

I went a bit closer and found that he had cooked lasagna. He knew I was looking at what he was doing but he decided to completely ignore me. He served the lasagna in a plate and brushed past me without even glancing at me once. And then I realised that Mr. Rude had only cooked one plate lasagna, just for himself.

Plus he didn't have any servants to cook food I guess. The house help was only for cleaning the house, washing the clothes and washing utensils. 

I smust admit that I am a really competitive person. So, I couldn't let him have any misunderstandings regarding my ability to cook. Therefore, I dropped the idea of making Maggi and decided to make Spaghetti. And I fortunately found all the required ingredients in his kitchen. 

After I was done making the dish. I elegantly served it in a plate and sat right in front of him to eat

"Oooh !!! This spaghetti is so tasty!!! Such a great cook I am!!!" I moaned just to annoy him. But I guess that wasn't a really good idea.

Irritation was evident on his face and he clenched his fist. He switched the T.V. off. He was trying his best not to lash out at me. He went to his room and banged the door.

What an idiot! Angry old Guddu ! Okk I admit it was my fault too, he was just sitting there having his meal and I only wanted to annoy him. Nishtha, stop acting so immaturely, he's not your friend. Yeah he's my 'husband' but our relationship wasn't normal. 

I switched the T.V. on again and started watching Splitsvilla. What ? Don't judge me! I love Splitsvilla. In fact, I love all MTV shows from Roadies to Love School. 

Some time later, he came out of his room. And switched the T.V. off. 

"What is your problem?" I asked in an irritated voice.

"Do I really need to answer that question? Ok then let me fulfill this wish of yours. You ! You are my problem ! You couldn't let me eat peacefully, now at least let me sleep !" He shouted. Bruh, he could say that properly too. 

"You could just ask me to switch off the TV in a proper manner too. But no, you just had to do the honors yourself." I asked.

"First of all, I don't need to ASK you to switch off the TV, because this is MY house. And if someone here needs to learn any manners, then it's you." He said in a mocking tone. 

I just rolled my eyes. But yes, I shouldn't have tried to annoy him and I knew it was my mistake so I decided to apologize.

"Ok fine... I'm sorry!" I said and he looked a bit shocked. He didn't expect me to accept my mistake so easily.

"No problem. But from the next time, don't touch the TV remote, eat in your room, sleep in your room and do whatever you want to do in your room, quietly." He said giving the fakest smile possible. Wow he really expects me to follow his rules and regulations. 

"And why should I listen to you??" I asked.

"Because this is MY house and I'll live here the way I want to. You are living here just for the sake of it. " He said walking closer to me. 

"Oh wow, I had no idea about that. I was expecting that my life would become a fairytale after I marry you. But just to let you know, I'm not helpless and basically stupid like Cinderella and you are nowhere near Prince Charming." I said. Appearance wise he was really handsome but that wasn't the point !

He was taken aback. He must have thought that I called him ugly. He then closed all the space between us. 

"How can I be Prince Charming when you are Maleficent?" He said and smiled. Oh my God ! His audacity.

"Hey how can you ..." I was going to say something but he cut me off.

"Great small talk Nishtha Oberoi. Now, kindly go to your room and I'll go to mine because I have to sleep as I have a meeting in the morning. And I'm sure as the 'future CEO' of your company, you must be having a lot of work to do too." He said in a sarcastic tone and stepped away from me. 

I stomped off to my room. I practically had nothing to do. I wasn't a social media addict. My laptop was in the office. My eyes fell on my guitar which was kept in the corner of the room.

I just grabbed my guitar. I loved to write songs, compose them and sing them... But not in public. I loved to do it so much that I could make lyrics instantly.

I started playing the guitar and began singing.
"How did I get stuck at this place
Why my life isn't left with any trace
Of happiness
Why am I so sad
Am I really that bad
What did I do to deserve all this
I ain't even left with anyone I could miss
I want to fly away, fly away
To a distant land, distant land
Where the sun rays, sun rays
Remind me who I really am, really am..."

I was feeling like I was in a totally different world. Music was an escapade from reality for me. 

The next day I got ready and went out to make breakfast for myself but there were no eggs or even milk in the fridge. I sighed and turned around in order to leave the kitchen.

Paras was adjusting his tie while entering the kitchen so he probably didn't see me. When he lifted his head up, he saw me.

"There are no breakfast ingredients in the kitchen today because I didn't get anything because of the wedding. Stop at starbucks on your way." He said and walked away. Fine, at least he was talking like a human. 

I don't know why he was acting so calm. I had expected him to be the opposite. Touchwood. I can't handle one more topic to tense about. 

I drank some water and went to the living room. 

"We need to talk about a few things." He said while still adjusting his tie. 

"And what are those things?" I asked.

"To avoid staying in headlines, we need to pretend to be a real couple in front of media." Yeah, as if I didn't know it already.

"You need to come to business parties with me, sometimes to the club and to watch my tennis matches." He said. He played tennis too. Nice. 

"I know. But you also need to come with me at fundraising and charity events and to watch my football matches." I said. Hehe guess he isn't the only sportsperson in the house. 

He looked a bit surprised, I guess at the football part.

"Done." He said. But what he was not done doing was adjusting his necktie. Oh my God how tough it was actually?  I couldn't watch him trying to fix his tie anymore so I decided to do it myself.

I walked closer to him and started to adjust his tie.

"W...what are you doing?" He asked while stuttering. 

"Shh ... I'm just trying to fix your tie because you are not being able to do the same since I don't know how many minutes." I said and he didn't say anything further.

"Done." I said and gave a satisfied smile. 

Then we left for our respective workplaces.

Hey guys this was the next chapter. I hope you liked it. Love you all ❤ Thanks for 100+ reads ❤