Chapter- 31 Big Trouble

Thank you so much xxaarieexx   for this amazing cover

Paras's Pov

I woke up with a sharp pain in my head. I was wearing the same clothes that I wore to office yesterday. I couldn't remember anything from last night.

"You alright?" I heard someone's voice. I looked at my left to find Nishtha standing at the door carrying a tray which had coffee and a medicine. I just nodded my hands negatively.

She came inside and placed the tray on the side table.

"Brush your teeth first. Then take the painkiller and drink the cappuccino." She said and was about to leave when I held her wrist.

"What... what happened last night?" I asked, not looking at her, really hoping that I hadn't done something last night that I should have done. 

"Well, you came home drunk last night and told me that you saw Anahita Seth at the club. I have informed the police." She answered, probably without turning to face me. Then she subtly removed my hand from my grip. 

"Why are you acting so cold?" I couldn't help but ask. Whenever I talked to her about anything, she used to reply very excitedly. Probably because I hardly ever talked to her and she wanted to make things better between us.

"No Paras, it's you who's acting cold, not me." This time she turned to face me. I looked in her eyes which were filled with mixed emotions.

"Where are we Paras? Where does our relationship stand? I can't remember much about the past few years that's why I have no idea about how to make you forgive me. Heck I don't even have any idea about how to forgive myself... I am talking to you just the way you want me to. Whenever I make an effort to talk to you, you just get irritated and leave the room." She said in a single breath.

She took a deep breath and continued, "Anyways, Mr. Singhania, we have an important meeting at my office at 2 p.m. today." She said and left without waiting for my answer.

I just chuckled, chuckled at my misery and our situation. I got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

Nishtha's pov